Standing up to bullies is the only way to defeat them.

gwalchmai

https://the-pipeline.org/the-battle-of-tinhorn-flats/

"Tinhorn Flats is a family-owned and operated bar and restaurant that has been operating in Burbank for many years.  The owners decided on December 10 to stay open regardless of any government order to shut, and has been serving outdoors since then.  Their health permit was revoked December 12.

And they stayed open!  Huzzah!

And why not?  If it’s a choice between bankruptcy and operating in defiance of a stupid and unnecessary government order, the choice should be clear.  Sadly, outside of five other restaurants in nearby Ventura County, no other operators openly defied these ludicrous orders.

Apparently, neither the Burbank City Council of Ninnies nor the County of Los Angeles knows what happens when you back into a corner. Now they are finding out exactly what does happen, and they have the scratches and blood to show for it.

From December 13 to February 9, the L.A. County Department of Health cited the restaurant for 36 separate days operating on a "suspended public health permit."

Tinhorn Flats stayed open.  Patriots like myself visited, ate food, and had beers."

More at the link, and you should read it... 

• Like 3

I was reading about that place last week. I may have missed it in the posted article but I remember seeing that the city had their power disconnected as well. They just fired up a generator and gave the city another one finger salute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1