HR 8 sails through House

Al Czervik

On 3/11/2021 at 10:05 PM, crockett said:

Either way, by 2022 ARs (including loopholes) and 30 round mags will be history, with no sunset clause, and no grandfathering. Watch the next mass shooting lining up right in time to get "everybody" in line for that final push.

They'll offer you 400 bucks buy-back if you are ""lucky"". And if you don't comply, what are you going to do with it? Go to the range and risk running across a snitch? Burry it in the backyard? Standing outside waiting for others to show up? Pass it on to your kids and risk them to go to jail for it one day?

The Supreme Court will need years and they seem to be corrupted as well by now, with all that pressure from the outside.

I love  seeing your optimism but my intuition tells me another story.

when the Republicans take the House and Senate back in 22 they can easily remove it as a law if it were to pass, which i doubt it would or even make it to the floor of the Senate for a Vote.

my guess would be President Biden EOs a gun bill to test the waters.

sure the Dems. may try to throw all the rings at the bottles and see which scores, but i wouldnt count on many Dems. going along with Voting for a Gun Bill that would have Republican Challengers with a huge Campaign strategy.

and as far as SCOTUS is concerned Republicans just need to threaten to Court pack too, that seems to make the Court more Pliable to Political Demands.

also 2A Sanctuary Cities, Counties and States will spring up all over like Dandelions.

• Like 4

On 3/11/2021 at 11:38 PM, railfancwb said:

Somewhat the same strategy which brought us Obamacare during his first two years. Lose control of the House for a few election cycles get it back. And by the time Republicans have a shot at repeal it’s too late  

When the Republicans finally controlled all three branches, the effort to repeal Obamacare was McCained  

That is a Likely Scenario, i think Dems will test anti-gun waters then move on to Universal Healthcare.

but its a R e-election killer to try to ban guns then do something to get back into popular opinion.

i don't trust any of them to do anything right, unless it secures them being Re-elected.

also i`m not so sure McCain would have done what he did if he didn't know he was Dying and wasn't going to Win Re-election.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

when the Republicans take the House and Senate back in 22 they can easily remove it as a law if it were to pass, which i doubt it would or even make it to the floor of the Senate for a Vote.

my guess would be President Biden EOs a gun bill to test the waters.

sure the Dems. may try to throw all the rings at the bottles and see which scores, but i wouldnt count on many Dems. going along with Voting for a Gun Bill that would have Republican Challengers with a huge Campaign strategy.

and as far as SCOTUS is concerned Republicans just need to threaten to Court pack too, that seems to make the Court more Pliable to Political Demands.

also 2A Sanctuary Cities, Counties and States will spring up all over like Dandelions.

I think they will screw the filibuster and go party line. Only change so far, grandfathering is in the bill for both ARs and mags.

Either way, I can't stand what this country has become. We had it all... but the liberal losers have no clue and confuse progressivism with going backwards. We are now forced to play by the book of beta males, trying to be leaders. We managed to stop our own evolution at this point.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, crockett said:

I think they will screw the filibuster and go party line. Only change so far, grandfathering is in the bill for both ARs and mags.

Either way, I can't stand what this country has become. We had it all... but the liberal losers have no clue and confuse progressivism with going backwards. We are now forced to play by the book of beta males, trying to be leaders. We managed to stop our own evolution at this point.

there is truth in that.

i have Zero Doubt that Democrats will go Scorched Earth knowing that there's now 3 factions in the same party and none can win alone.

but the Pendulum has to swing back, it always does.

Me the Eternal Optimist.

• Like 3

On 3/12/2021 at 6:19 AM, gwalchmai said:

In any case, this gun ownership thing is becoming too much of a burden. I may just throw all mine in the creek or donate them to the UNCF.

Camden County, MO recently passed legislation to protect us from the Feds concerning gun laws. Wonder how that will shake out on first contact.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/camden-county-becomes-missouris-first-second-amendment-sanctuary-county/

Consider us a near ground-zero exercise in near future secessionist politics. I've been around. Seen a bunch of places. Being a booming tourist area such as this, the numbers are definitely skewed. This county is very heavily armed. Trust me.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 6:06 AM, Dric902 said:

I don’t think it will get through the Seanate. Too many Democrooks up for reelection in ‘22. 
I expect a LOT of press coverage, sound bites, buzzwords, and fundraising.

many times, it’s not the legislation, it’s the narrative/issue/controlling the press coverage by manipulation.

they are very good at it

I don't share your optimism. 1/3 of senate seats, and EVERY house seat is up every two years. The election just finished and they have a long time to do damage control, if they even bother. Memories are too short, if it even matters. The Left is openly stealing elections without opposition now.

They aren't looking to '22. they are looking to do as much damage as possible while they can for as long as they can.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

I don't share your optimism. 1/3 of senate seats, and EVERY house seat is up every two years. The election just finished and they have a long time to do damage control, if they even bother. Memories are too short, if it even matters. The Left is openly stealing elections without opposition now.

They aren't looking to '22. they are looking to do as much damage as possible while they can for as long as they can.

That's it right there. Liberals are on a roll. Got the country aimed at destruction with the pedal to the metal and won't be letting off.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 11:05 PM, crockett said:

Either way, by 2022 ARs (including loopholes) and 30 round mags will be history, with no sunset clause, and no grandfathering. Watch the next mass shooting lining up right in time to get "everybody" in line for that final push.

As I said a week ago, watch the next mass shooting lining up randomly, so the brain dead in the WH can push more gun control on us.

Watch them randomly finding an AR in his trunk or closet in a couple days.

The racial component against yet another white male is already established.

So predictable.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-massage-parlor-shootings-biden-briefed-deadly-attack-details-emerge

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, crockett said:

As I said a week ago, watch the next mass shooting lining up randomly, so the brain dead in the WH can push more gun control on us.

Watch them randomly finding an AR in his trunk or closet in a couple days.

The racial component against yet another white male is already established.

So predictable.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-massage-parlor-shootings-biden-briefed-deadly-attack-details-emerge

I'm waiting for them to blame Trump.