HR 8 sails through House

Al Czervik

It sailed through with 8 republican votes.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/11/house-passes-democrat-bill-criminalizing-private-gun-sales/

H.R. 8 would expand retail point-of-sale background checks so as to cover private points-of-sale. This will criminalize an individual who sells a 5-shot revolver to a lifelong neighbor, unless that neighbor first undergoes a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check, conducted by the FBI.

• Sad 2

Well, I contacted “my” legislators about this and “my” Representative voted NAY.

Since the Democrats did not need any Republican votes in the House, I wonder whose water the Republican YEA voters were carrying.

All good of course, because if this passes the Senate and becomes law criminals will no longer be able to buy guns and the gang shootings in Chicago will cease.

Just like illegal drugs have ceased to be available once outlawed. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Just contacted my Senators again. If 60 votes in the Senate are required to get this passed, maybe the Republicans will hang together. 

Last time it passed the House, in 2019, Mitch McConnell as Majority Leader refused to schedule a vote on it in the Senate.

This time Schumer will certainly move it forward.

Edited by ChuteTheMall

this would be a Re- Election killer for most Democrats and Republicans in the Senate.

they Imagine the support of 'background checks have to uneducated voters, but the reality shows its not there.

this would be a huge selling point for Republican takeover of the House and Senate in 2022

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, holyjohnson said:

this would be a Re- Election killer for most Democrats and Republicans in the Senate.

they Imagine the support of 'background checks have to uneducated voters, but the reality shows its not there.

this would be a huge selling point for Republican takeover of the House and Senate in 2022

I heard the same analogy so many times in the past 20 years and look where we are heading. Every 2 years we see more turncoats, rinos and scams. We have never been so far too the extreme left, ever.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, crockett said:

I heard the same analogy so many times in the past 20 years and look where we are heading. Every 2 years we see more turncoats, rinos and scams. We have never been so far too the extreme left, ever.

What..he...said.

Spot on. 

• Like 4

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,What part of any of this is surprising anyone? The eight RINO's aren't surprising either. Not that it wouldn't have passed anyway. They just got elected and expect all to be forgiven by the next election, and sadly it will be for the most part.

I still want to know how they expect to enforce any of it. They can't even enforce current laws, but that sort of logic never belonged in DC.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, crockett said:

anything is possible.

personally i think this is the Democrats grabbing at the power they know they will lose in `22 and probably not have again for sometime to come.

they are throwing everything at the wall and hoping it sticks and in the Process overwhelming the wall with things they cant even get to.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

anything is possible.

personally i think this is the Democrats grabbing at the power they know they will lose in `22 and probably not have again for sometime to come.

they are throwing everything at the wall and hoping it sticks and in the Process overwhelming the wall with things they cant even get to.

Either way, by 2022 ARs (including loopholes) and 30 round mags will be history, with no sunset clause, and no grandfathering. Watch the next mass shooting lining up right in time to get "everybody" in line for that final push.

They'll offer you 400 bucks buy-back if you are ""lucky"". And if you don't comply, what are you going to do with it? Go to the range and risk running across a snitch? Burry it in the backyard? Standing outside waiting for others to show up? Pass it on to your kids and risk them to go to jail for it one day?

The Supreme Court will need years and they seem to be corrupted as well by now, with all that pressure from the outside.

I love  seeing your optimism but my intuition tells me another story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

anything is possible.

Somewhat the same strategy which brought us Obamacare during his first two years. Lose control of the House for a few election cycles get it back. And by the time Republicans have a shot at repeal it’s too late  

When the Republicans finally controlled all three branches, the effort to repeal Obamacare was McCained  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think it will get through the Seanate. Too many Democrooks up for reelection in ‘22. 
I expect a LOT of press coverage, sound bites, buzzwords, and fundraising.

many times, it’s not the legislation, it’s the narrative/issue/controlling the press coverage by manipulation.

they are very good at it

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I don’t think it will get through the Seanate. Too many Democrooks up for reelection in ‘22. 
I expect a LOT of press coverage, sound bites, buzzwords, and fundraising.

many times, it’s not the legislation, it’s the narrative/issue/controlling the press coverage by manipulation.

they are very good at it

In any case, this gun ownership thing is becoming too much of a burden. I may just throw all mine in the creek or donate them to the UNCF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

In any case, this gun ownership thing is becoming too much of a burden. I may just throw all mine in the creek or donate them to the UNCF.

Funny.....I have a sign on my front door that says “UNCF donations accepted here”

(or I will in a few minutes, as soon as I find a sharpie)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1