Interesting Old Revolver Design

Eric

SIL #3 had one of them

not a high pressure round (due to metallurgy)

the seal made little difference, but the concept was sound. 

Kinda clunky, trigger was awful, handloads are a pain to get right.

accuracy wasn’t bad at 15 yards

fun gun to play with and shoot for interest

• Like 2

I have one. It is a fun pistol and gets lots of comments at the range. Really slow to reload. DA is hard pull, but very smooth DA. It is also surprisingly light in weight.

Yes, it can be suppressed. It does make a very good seal when firing. The actual bullet sits back in the cartridge, instead of protruding like modern ammo, so the rim of the cartridge sits/fits into the barrel making a seal.

However, after firing for a while, the seal becomes les absolute, unless you clean. It is rather accurate out to 10 yards, which is the furthest I’ve ever tested mine.

Sorry, it is locked away right now as I am in Dubai and am disarmed. Withdrawal symptoms...

I was able to score a lot of ammo for it so I do have something to look forward to when I get home. I actually got it online for a decent price about 7 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Due to the gas seal design; it was said to be one of the few revolvers that could effectively be suppressed.
Not true... I've seen plenty of revolvers with effective silencers in TV & film. :tbo:

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, TBO said:

Not true... I've seen plenty of revolvers with effective silencers in TV & film. :tbo:

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

This one certainly wasn't one of them.

:whistling:

https://www.range365.com/suppressed-38-revolver-made-for-tunnel-rats-in-vietnam/

Three units that tested the kit reported that the suppressor was ineffective (the fact that they packaged it with a set of ear plugs should tell you how much confidence even the kit's designers had in the suppressor), but the report notes the users were forced to use full-load ammo instead of the recommended half-loads, which weren't available—though it's doubtful it would have made much difference. "

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

I don’t think I have seen a ring like that before.

She is forgiven for her voice.

Those are on the Internet.  I have purchased for my wife, dangle earrings that are Nickle plated .556 bullets, miniature hand cuffs, and shell bases like this.  They are cool.

She says she gets little comments about the bullets because very few women know what they are.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, janice6 said:

If they have time to talk, you are doing something wrong.

You are really bad this week!

Right at 2hrs, Blade Runner 2049, Luv gives K a stompin', stands over him, kichs in the head, and says "Bad Dog".   Then she whacks K's hologram gf, just for meanness.  

But it was cute when she did it.  

• Haha 1