Cooped up inside, Got the Whirley-Pop Out

DrB

Stay at home here in Ohio except for essentials and rain is drizzling down here, so can't even be outside.  Might as well have some popcorn during the day.  Anyone else making??  Yes a popcorn thread.....

I put some ginger beer in the fridge.  I have limes and a good bottle of Rum.  You know...... just a tad to cut the bite of the Ginger Beer.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ramjet38 said:

I've never heard of ginger beer.  Must be easy on the stomach?

I take ginger beer when I go out on the salt water on fishing trips. Supposed to help prevent sea sickness. Must work. Tastes good too.

Made a huge put of popcorn last night. Popped it in a stainless pan on top of the stove. Used peanut oil. Seasoned with Johnie's seasoning salt and a little parmesan cheese.

We are now on lock down too. Can't leave the house except for essential travel. Businesses are all shut down. But I'm going down to my shop today and replacing some hydraulic hoses on one of my loaders. I will lock the gate while I'm there, and repel any trespassers. Trespassers will be violated.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Ramjet38 said:

I've never heard of ginger beer.  Must be easy on the stomach?

It is not like ginger ale.  Some good Ginger Beer can have quite a bite.  I had some Mexican stuff one time that I think they loaded with hot peppers in the mix.  It did make one hell of a good Dark and Stormy. ... Sadly, I have not been able to find it again. 

Dave..

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My county is actually looking at what it takes to shut down everything but pharmacies, doctor's offices (hospitals) and grocery stores.

Not sure we'll get there.  But given the liberal nature of my county...i think some idiots might think this is good.

• Sad 1

Popcorn is a definite possibility for this afternoon.  We are digging all sorts of goodies out of the freezer this week.  Yesterday, my wife discovered a honey cake she originally planned to send to my son. And since he his home now, we decided to thaw it.  :eat:  Tonight?  Turkey burritos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

When I was a Teen I drank schweppes ginger beer. Haven't had it in fifty years or so. tom.

The one we had here in Ohio when I was a young boy, came in a dark bottle with a cowboy on a horse printed on the bottle. Don't remember the brand but it had a little bite to it, most did not like.  I had to dip my hand in the ice water pop cooler and slide the various kinds up and down through the channels before I could get my pop in the take out location.  Bottle opener on the side of the cooler.

Dave..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lots of people streaming entertainment on the Intrawebs are reportedly slowing it down.  I have resorted to reading books as my contribution to not being part of the problem in these difficult times.

Robert B. Parker's Revelation seems to hold my interest. 

Speaking of comfort foods, I have yet to make soup.

• Like 1

I don't eat popcorn, but Whirley Pops are good for roasting fresh coffee.

Ginger beer is great with the addition of black rum and lime, which makes it a dark & stormy.  I suppose if you add some cream and white rum, it could be a stormie daniels?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dog's and Popcorn....  My Border Collie can be dead to the world sleeping in another room or on another floor, but when she hears me open the cupboard and grab the Whirley-Pop she is right by the stove waiting.  I can grab any other pot and get no response but the minute I touch that one, right there she is waiting.  Go figure...

Dave..

42 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

Good Ginger Beer, Made in Milwaukee i took the Tour.

271119740_gingerbeer.jpg.20a1337a36fbb6a63a9ec46fa2344bcf.jpg

I'm going to have to look for that, thanks.  I bet with a dash of Rum it's pretty tasty.

Dave..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

I don't eat popcorn, but Whirley Pops are good for roasting fresh coffee.

Ginger beer is great with the addition of black rum and lime, which makes it a dark & stormy.  I suppose if you add some cream and white rum, it could be a stormie daniels?

Don't forget a lot of aging.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1