weird homes

ASH

you ever wanted to live in something some might call weird . like you got people who want to live in silos  etc 

ive always wanted to live in a light house on the ocean 

also i always wanted to live like in a warehouse where everything is open , and you drive your ride right in the door lol . 

any structures you would like or think about living ?    im not keen on shipping crates 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big loft like in old factories or warehouses. Lots of old brick and wood. Exposed pipes and conduit. Two story building.  I would make one part a nice living area and the rest would be a great photo studio with a darkroom. Garage, shop and storage on the ground floor. 

Edited by Batesmotel
  • Like 4

I discussed this with my son years ago.  My choice would be a large pole barn on a rural lot.  Part would be a finished inside home with the vehicles parked inside but next to the living quarters.  I would have my steel working stuff on the ground floor and the electronics and wood working on a second or loft floor.

Most of my life in my present residence I had heated a triple garage so I can work in one stall on whatever I want and the car is in the adjacent stall keeping warm.

I live in MN so I'll be damned if I will have to start a cold car every morning in the Winter.

• Like 3

Titan II Missile Silo. looked into two.

there was an underground house in a Minneapolis Suburb we looked at a long time ago.

looked into a Lutheran Church in Minneapolis.

i`d like to remodel and live in a Canal Boat.

build my own stone Cabin off grid, i`m sure that would be weird when i was done.

• Like 4

Can anyone identify the aircraft?

I think it's a Cessna based on the squared-off wing tips, but I can't find that model in the Cessna research.

Also, most Cessna single-spinnies with fixed gear have pants over the wheels

It's going to drive me nuts, but then nuts is always just a short trip for me.

:biggrin:

Edited by tous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tous said:

Can anyone identify the aircraft?

I think it's a Cessna based on the squared-off wing tips, but I can't find that model in the Cessna research.

Also, most Cessna single-spinnies with fixed gear have pants over the wheels

It's going to drive me nuts, but then nuts is always just a short trip for me.

:biggrin:

Build kit maybe?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

Titan II Missile Silo. looked into two.

there was an underground house in a Minneapolis Suburb we looked at a long time ago.

looked into a Lutheran Church in Minneapolis.

i`d like to remodel and live in a Canal Boat.

build my own stone Cabin off grid, i`m sure that would be weird when i was done.

I don't know if you follow this guy's channel ( Death Wears Bunny Slippers ) , but he bought my old missile site ( 3-9 ) in AR and is converting it. There is another one in Arizona doing the same thing ( Atomic Rancher ). 

Personally, for me, living underground did give me a sense of well being and security. Nothing is going to dig you out of it.

Well, nothing short of a direct hit with a 1 MT weapon.

:anim_rofl2:

• Like 2

The closest I can come to identifying the aircraft is that it is a Cessna 208 Caravan, but it looks a little too short.

Mebbe it's just the perspectve.

I did make the entire drive to crazy.

Stopped off at a HoJo for some ice cream, on the way back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used to think it would be cool to live in a windmill until some Dutch friends told me that only poor people live in those.  A Dutch ghetto is an interesting thought.  Instead of pouring a 40 of OE on the grave of your dead homies, you just drop a bunch of tulips that are colored whatever gang they're affiliated with.  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, tous said:

A fire observation tower and cottage in a national forest.

I would rather hang out with nature than people.

There are some fire observation towers which can be rented by the night. Daughter and her husband have stayed in at least one. 

• Like 4