My police department has gone insane

kerbie18

My police department, which for the sake of my job security, shall remain nameless, has lost their ******* minds. It's all about the corona virus.

1. We canceled all community meetings of any kind. Okay, I'm kinda okay with that part, since it's mostly old people complaining about young people.

2. I've been ordered to stay 8 feet away from fellow officers at all times. Definitely no touching. That might make it difficult to fight a suspect.

3. They've got me going through gallons of hand sanitizer and latex gloves like they grow on trees. Okay, that might be a good thing.

4. We stopped having roll call each start of shift. No more group meetings together. Just texting each other...

5. The chief declared an official state of emergency. The vacation I have in two months, with 4 grand already invested in reservations, is in danger of getting canned.

Argh...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

My police department, which for the sake of my job security, shall remain nameless, has lost their ****ing minds. It's all about the corona virus.

1. We canceled all community meetings of any kind. Okay, I'm kinda okay with that part, since it's mostly old people complaining about young people.

2. I've been ordered to stay 8 feet away from fellow officers at all times. Definitely no touching. That might make it difficult to fight a suspect.

3. They've got me going through gallons of hand sanitizer and latex gloves like they grow on trees. Okay, that might be a good thing.

4. We stopped having roll call each start of shift. No more group meetings together. Just texting each other...

5. The chief declared an official state of emergency. The vacation I have in two months, with 4 grand already invested in reservations, is in danger of getting canned.

Argh...

If you are lucky - very lucky - the venue(s) you have reserved will cancel and refund first 

Chief sounds like a bit of a dramatic germophobe. That sucks, man.

There are approximately 20 Doctors and NP/PAs at my ER. We ran the numbers regarding 14 day quarantines if we start getting sick. The numbers are NOT pretty. I assume it's about the same for every ER in the nation. We could run out of emergency providers REAL quick.

Gotta have Tha Po-Lease and the first responders and the nurses and the garbage men healthy. And probably whoever works in wherever electricity and water come from, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

My police department, which for the sake of my job security, shall remain nameless, has lost their ****ing minds. It's all about the corona virus.

Argh...

I could deal with all of that but number five.  That's just not right.

That being said:  I relish the idea of not having to be around those i work with.  In particular the one i call Captain Manopause.  

Yeah.  

• Like 3

Update to my original thread:

The Kentucky Derby has been moved to September. It's traditionally on the first Saturday of May. For the last 17 years and counting, it involves me working a grueling 80 hour work week. But now, it's moved.

• Like 3

all in all if this is going to get even crazier i`d prefer LEOs be there and in good health if normalcy needs to be maintained.

besides that is One Officer gets sick, comes in contact with 20 people and then 10 of then get infected per day......

i`d ask if shooting first has now become a viable Option..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our local police are letting criminals out of jail free to keep the numbers down and lesson the chances of a virus.

The courts are reducing bails for criminals and eliminating them altogether for some.

We should be able to track a noticeable increase in lesser crimes since we are not going to prosecute or incarcerate for them.

But some cities/states are talking about banning gun and ammo purchases by law abiding citizens who now will have a new surge of criminals to contend with.

Government is advocating more crime when threatened by an illness that might result in more crime...………………….  I have tried, but I can't follow the reasoning here.

60.8 Million caught Swine Flue, 3,000 people died and no one cared.  But this is a threat...…………………….  Idiots all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

Our local police are letting criminals out of jail free to keep the numbers down and lesson the chances of a virus.

The courts are reducing bails for criminals and eliminating them altogether for some.

We should be able to track a noticeable increase in lesser crimes since we are not going to prosecute or incarcerate for them.

But some cities/states are talking about banning gun and ammo purchases by law abiding citizens who now will have a new surge of criminals to contend with.

Government is advocating more crime when threatened by an illness that might result in more crime...………………….  I have tried, but I can't follow the reasoning here.

60.8 Million caught Swine Flue, 3,000 people died and no one cared.  But this is a threat...…………………….  Idiots all!

Shouldn't those career criminal be some of the first to expire.?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My beloved beat, which I have protected with my life for 8 years or so, out of a 17 year career, is a ghost town. A once vibrant bar/restaurant area is all but deserted. It breaks my heart, I love my beat.

I've been denied any hope of vacation until this virus blows over, and forced overtime should be expected soon.

Edited by kerbie18
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, tous said:

Thank you for protecting your beat, kerbie.

:599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

One question.

What happened to the previous 17 kerbies?

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

I'm redacting my previous post, I shared too much. Let's just say I've been kerbie18 since like the year 1992.

Edited by kerbie18
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1