Harvey Weinstein

PPQer

I just read that the jury is still out.  Imagine what it must be like to be waiting on 12 people to decide how you will live the rest of your life.  And then going into the courtroom, standing before a judge, and waiting while the verdict is read.  

That has got to be pure hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a tense thing to endure on all sides.   Really.  The pressure on those in the jury is heavy too.

A friend of mine narrowly escaped being on a death penalty case and he was just so happy that he didn't get chosen because he didn't like the idea of being the one who made the choice one way or the other on the suspect.

• Like 2

We once gave a neighborhood "kid" room and board for 64 years (Texas).

One or two people were upset,  but went along with it.

No one else felt bad about it.  At all.

(One guy said, "He lives down the block from me.  I've known him his whole life.  That's my vote,  you'll never change my mind.")

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cheygriz said:

I'm glad that there is finally some outrage over this.

I remember 50 years ago, EVERY director in Holly-wierd had his own "Casting Couch.'

I remember last year, seeing pictures sent by wannabe stars with DRR on the back of the nearly or sometimes completely nude pics 

(Directors Right Respected. Meaning sex)

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I remember last year, seeing pictures sent by wannabe stars with DRR on the back of the nearly or sometimes completely nude pics 

(Directors Right Respected. Meaning sex)

The Casting Couch was the biggest running 'joke' in Hollywood for decades.  No idea how true it was.

While the legality of some of what Weinstein did is debatable (aside from the rapes of course) he is the scum of the Earth.

12 hours ago, PPQer said:

One of the accusers admits to having had consensual sex with Weinstein on several occasions.  It would be hard to convict him based on her testimony alone.

That is an issue.  Doesn't fix the "scum of the Earth" part but that could cast doubt on if it was illegal.

19 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Weinerstien. Toss him in prison with Weiner. And Cosby. They can all share shots of Pruno.

Don't forget Sandusky.

• Like 1