Finally. The Feds — including ICE — appear to be investigating Rep. Ilhan Omar.

pipedreams

"On Oct. 30, I reported that the Department of Justice had assigned an FBI Special Agent in Charge, or SAC, to review Rep. Ilhan Omar's apparent, astonishing spree of felonies from 2009 to 2017.

1. Department of Education Inspector General

This is related to evidence suggesting that Rep. Omar's 2009 marriage to a UK citizen may have been an attempt to facilitate federal student loan fraud, or other fraud involving higher education.

2. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

● This is related to evidence suggesting a breathtaking number of possible immigration-related felonies. As I stated in an introductory passage within my July 18 article:

Rep. Omar now appears to be receiving the scrutiny her "articulable facts" have deserved since August 2016; perhaps a criminal investigation is open. "

https://www.theblaze.com/contributors/the-feds-appear-to-be-investigating-ilhan-omar?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20200116Trending-IlhanOmarInvestigations&utm_term=TheBlaze Breaking News

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/07/stunning-report-david-steinberg-describes-ilhan-omars-8-instances-of-perjury-could-face-40-years-in-prison-or-deportation/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure the Democrats in Congress are searching every way they can to get her off if, charged and convicted.

If the courts can enforce the law against her, then every politician is in jeopardy of being convicted.  Look at the furor generated when certain leading Democrats were mentioned involving, graft, corruption, and money laundering.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear them try to make a law that politicians were exempt from prosecution under any law.  Scoundrels would try to do this!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I'm sure the Democrats in Congress are searching every way they can to get her off if, charged and convicted.

If the courts can enforce the law against her, then every politician is in jeopardy of being convicted.  Look at the furor generated when certain leading Democrats were mentioned involving, graft, corruption, and money laundering.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear them try to make a law that politicians were exempt from prosecution under any law.  Scoundrels would try to do this!

When the politicians are exempt from their own laws, you are not living in a democracy anymore.  You are living under tyranny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fog said:

Democrats may be hoping to be rid of her too, she doesn't help them with voters. Same for a AOCrazy, and the T-Loborex.

They were supposed to,be easy wins 

the trick is to tell them to shut up when they get there and do as they are told

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

All the animals are equal.  But some are more equal than others.

~Orwell (Animal Farm)

When I read that and 1984 in high school, they absolutely instilled terror and loathing in me, along with a  healthy distrust of politicians. I doubt if those books are even ALLOWED in schools these days...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Didn’t I read recently that one Republican Representative was going to the pen for insider trading and another had resigned for some such activity?

Silly me! All this time I thought the ability to do insider trading and thus get rich was a major reason to run for Congress. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Didn’t I read recently that one Republican Representative was going to the pen for insider trading and another had resigned for some such activity?

Silly me! All this time I thought the ability to do insider trading and thus get rich was a major reason to run for Congress. 

An occasional token.  The rest should be investigated too.  Just on principle.  

• Like 2

When Frank and Jesse not only have the keys to the bank vault, but write the banking regulations.....they don’t ‘technically’ break any law.

laws are for us, for them: 

”no controlling legal authority”

”no laws were broken”

”I’ve complied with all applicable laws”

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 1/16/2020 at 6:46 PM, railfancwb said:

How many of the laws to which ordinary citizens are subject legally do not apply to Congress critters?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/congress-exempt-from-several-federal-laws

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/laws-congress-exempted-themselves-from.560133/

The list is long.  It was made significantly shorter by the Republicans in 1995 with the Congressional Accountability Act.  That did not, however, fix all of them. Congress has a long history of exempting itself from its own laws.  Eventually, people get annoyed with it and start yelling again about amending the Constitution to make that illegal, so Congress heads that off by writing another bill that disallows a bunch (but never all) of their previous exemptions, which distracts their constituency enough that they stop pushing for the amendment, which is too bad.  There are a bunch of other websites with this info available, I just grabbed the above quick duck-duck-go search.  (Google is the devil).  If you are really interested, the info isn't hard to find, but I can't do more now 'cause I'm packing my bags for a trip to Richmond for the "Sic Semper Tyrannis" reminder for Northam on Monday.  It's a long drive...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I want to see the cumulative tax returns of those Senators and Representatives who have become millionaires on their salaries while in office.  

Why pussyfoot? ALL tax returns of congressrats, Presidents, and SCOTUScritters AND their staffers should be accessible to the public.

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Why pussyfoot? ALL tax returns of congressrats, Presidents, and SCOTUScritters AND their staffers should be accessible to the public.

They would write the bill and get their pictures taken, handout pens. Then add an amendment that restricted the amount of information and redact much of the ‘summarized’ financial reports.

unless you’re in a close race, then you demand it of your opponent .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

If they are servants of the people, then why are they allowed to keep their dealings from the people.  Present day Congresspersons believe the people are their servants!. 

How is a government accountable to the people, when they do not have to disclose what they are doing while in office.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, janice6 said:

If they are servants of the people, then why are they allowed to keep their dealings from the people.  Present day Congresspersons believe the people are their servants!. 

How is a government accountable to the people, when they do not have to disclose what they are doing while in office.

Trumps too?

• Like 2