vitamins - yes no ?

ASH

1 minute ago, Zonny said:

Im going to start drinking a couple TBSPs of Apple Cider Vinegar. Haven't decided just why yet. I've heard it's a good idea tho.  ?

I tried doing that for my knee a few years ago. It was too much for me, tastewise. My grandmama used to drink a cup of it every morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

I tried doing that for my knee a few years ago. It was too much for me, tastewise. My grandmama used to drink a cup of it every morning.

I couldn't do it either.  People's body chemistry are different.  My wife could do that and not think anything of it.  I couldn't under penalty of death.  However, she buys jugs of Cherries in sweet liquid juice, and I can drink the juice all day long.  It's too sweet for her.

Fruits she claims are "sweet" to me taste like battery acid.

When the kids started becoming really picky eaters, I'd give them a chewable multivitamin each day and take one for myself, too.

While they're still picky, they are better about eating fruits and veggies, so I don't buy those vitamins for them anymore.

During the winter, I take some extra D and if I'm feeling sickness coming on I take D and C. 

Mostly, I try to eat a somewhat balanced diet as I doubt vitamins do as much as getting those nutrients from natural sources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

Im going to start drinking a couple TBSPs of Apple Cider Vinegar. Haven't decided just why yet. I've heard it's a good idea tho.  o.O

Well, good luck and God bless you with that!

I tried using it topically once because it was supposedly a natural fix for a plantar wart. (Didn't work). The smell was terrible. I can't imagine putting that stuff in my mouth.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ASH said:

i was taking mega man from gnc , which did nothing i could tell,  if you take vitamins what do you take ?  and or recommend    for a old man of 51 . i take alot of prescripts so i cant take certain vitamins with all the herb crap in them .   but looking for a good one .   ive been taking a blood builder pill for while , because im anemic  and my blood counts are really low .  docs did bone marrow test  and other tests , but nobody has told me why  .  

so what do you take you think that works   for a all around vitamin  ?  i prefer liquid  as i dont think im absorbing  them  before i go to bathroom

Wait til you hit 60. It all goes downhill from there. :)

One-A-Day Men's Health Formula.  No iron. Repeat, no iron unless and if only your Dr. prescribes it.

For your  anemia,  B Complex---B1, B6, B12.  If you get them with vitamin C they are called Stresstabs. Regular B complex will make your drop of blood dive in the test tube faster than a downed Ukrainian jetliner.

I take mine at bedtime ( One-A-Day, D3, B C, C, half adult aspirin every other day) and gulp them down with a cup of psyllium fiber.

If you want extra energy...

51hKHho0mcL.jpg

43 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

Well, good luck and God bless you with that!

I tried using it topically once because it was supposedly a natural fix for a plantar wart. (Didn't work). The smell was terrible. I can't imagine putting that stuff in my mouth.

It helps with jock itch, I hear...

• Haha 1

https://www.geritol.com/

The surgeons LostWife used to work for have retired, but all 3 recommended Geritol. They all conveyed that many to most multivitamins were very good at containing what they say, but not many were very good at absorption.

Geritol also contains a good bump of iron that absorbs well for the anemic among us.

Happy Researching

• Like 2

Besides a generic old folks’ multivitamin, SheWhoMustBeObeyed dictates that we take Biotin, Flaxseed oil, C, D, B12,CoQ10, and Zinc.  It must be doing something because people rarely believe we are as old as we are.

I had a section chief that put us on to zinc years ago.  Since we have been taking it, we rarely have a cold last more than a few hours.  It supposedly inhibits rhinoviruses from replicating.

• Like 1