It's not legal...

blueiron

Almost reminds me of that one guy who would keep his garage door open and leave a purse or bag or something in the middle of the garage and when someone came in to take it, he'd shoot them.

Also, look at the eyes on that broad!  

Edited by Maser
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PPQer said:

Maybe it should be legal.

It wouldn't bother me too much in most cases, but I can see it being abused.

Some rich people leave piles of money or other valuables in plain sight and apparently unattended, then attack and beat the crap out of or kill anyone that tries to take it.  Many otherwise completely honest citizens would probably succumb to the temptation.  On the flip side you'll also get 100% honest people that would pick it up then go looking for the owner, or turn it over to the police, but still get attacked for it.

• Like 2

i was lowes other day  guy in front of me checking out  was not an american  , his english and accent  sounded  like from croatia  or ukraine   .  anyway .  he pushes buggy  and left wallet on   counter ,    i said Sir  sir   ,  and i had to tap him  and i said you left wallet on counter .   we walked out together  and  ive never had someone thank me so much   for a good deed .  and wanted to give me money as reward    and i said no way  it was right there   5 feet from you and  im not taking any money .  i walked out to his truck  and we talked about 30 minutes  said he just started a plumbing business   and gave me number , said  if ever need help call me .   i felt really good .   he said he had just cashed his check  before lowes  and that was all money he had  ,

• Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

It wouldn't bother me too much in most cases, but I can see it being abused.

Some rich people leave piles of money or other valuables in plain sight and apparently unattended, then attack and beat the crap out of or kill anyone that tries to take it.  Many otherwise completely honest citizens would probably succumb to the temptation.  On the flip side you'll also get 100% honest people that would pick it up then go looking for the owner, or turn it over to the police, but still get attacked for it.

So you think rich people have nothing better to do, that lay traps for criminals?  We've tried it the current way for a century or more, and look where it's gotten us.  Maybe it's time for another approach.  Those "honest" citizens who were tempted across the line might not be so tempted if they knew there could be reprisals.  The proper thing to do period, is call LE.  

Theoretically, you can approach someone who is stealing your stuff with the innocent intent of communicating your concern with what they are doing.  Then when they get violent, bring out the bat.  Do the job right, who knows the difference?

Years ago I was managing a hotel in downtown Birmingham. My brother worked for me.  One day he superglued a quarter to the sidewalk outside the hotel by a restaurant window. We sat there eating lunch and laughing at all the people struggling get that damn quarter. 

• Like 1

people are weird .   say a story bout guy in NYC  on sidewalk  , he put rocks in a gallon  glass jar ,  same rocks in same type jar  but put a dollar on them ,  people walked up and bought rocks , and hardly no one picked out a free one  

in college  we were in cafeteria  buddy of mine big prankster,   he had  a  thing you attached to like a dollar bill and hit the button and it would snatch it back .  we sat there and laughed our ass off  when someone tried to pick it up .  eventually  someone snatched it so hard it broke and dude ran away with 20 bucks  lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Years ago I was managing a hotel in downtown Birmingham. My brother worked for me.  One day he superglued a quarter to the sidewalk outside the hotel by a restaurant window. We sat there eating lunch and laughing at all the people struggling get that damn quarter. 

We did the same at Godwin's Radio. Some kid whipped out a knife and cut the linoleum to get the quarter. We used a dime after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BamaBud said:

We did the same at Godwin's Radio. Some kid whipped out a knife and cut the linoleum to get the quarter. We used a dime after that.

i wonder what the dude would do  to the floors in the house covered with pennies   rofl . saw it on news years ago , folks penny floored the whole house 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

My wife tells me of the day she was walking in town with her father and he bent down to pick up something.  She asked him what it was.

He cursed and said, "Someone spit like a Quarter!".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ASH said:

i wonder what the dude would do  to the floors in the house covered with pennies   rofl . saw it on news years ago , folks penny floored the whole house 

Never underestimate the perseverance of a dedicated criminal!

They never consider the effort in terms of and "hourly rate".  But only if they can get it free.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

long ago on the farm  we have tanks for diesel and gas  ,   tanks are about the size of the big propane tanks people use at their house.   well , we had someone stealing gas   , they werent marked or no sign what was what . so we painted word gas on diesel tank and vice versa  .  someone stole alot  one more time , and  after that nobody stole anymore lol . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1