I Gave Blood Today

Moshe

It's a noble thing to do and all, but I just don't trust it.  I don't trust not knowing if my blood is going to a good person who deserves it or an evil person who doesn't.  I don't want my blood going to save the life of a child molester who was caught by the father in the act and beaten to a bloody pulp.  

The RV's don't pop up around here much.  So, instead of the general one on FB, which doesn't help many people.  This one popped on my e-mail for cancer patients.  I have been poked, prodded had huge needles put in me, this was nothing.  The girl in front of me started throwing up, that was a new one on me.  I have never witnessed that reaction before.  The questionnaire was interesting, I guess most people wouldn't have passed.  They wanted to know if you know if you engaged in sex with a prostitute ever, were an illegal drug user with needle, and ever had sex with a man.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, Moshe said:

The RV's don't pop up around here much.  So, instead of the general one on FB, which doesn't help many people.  This one popped on my e-mail for cancer patients.  I have been poked, prodded had huge needles put in me, this was nothing.  The girl in front of me started throwing up, that was a new one on me.  I have never witnessed that reaction before.  The questionnaire was interesting, I guess most people wouldn't have passed.  They wanted to know if you know if you engaged in sex with a prostitute ever, were an illegal drug user with needle, and ever had sex with a man.

Wow, that's a tough test!  What's passing?

On 7/13/2019 at 2:12 PM, Maser said:

It's a noble thing to do and all, but I just don't trust it.  I don't trust not knowing if my blood is going to a good person who deserves it or an evil person who doesn't.  I don't want my blood going to save the life of a child molester who was caught by the father in the act and beaten to a bloody pulp.  

We get it, man.  You have a needle phobia.  No need to make up some story about how you can't donate because you're unsure of where your precious blood is going to go.

Jesus Christ.

And yes, I donate blood and plasma.  I'm AB+ so they hound me for the latter.