So. What's everybody getting for Christmas?

crockett

6 hours ago, ASH said:

my  mom who passed  last year  started saying about 10 years ago  " do not get me anything more to dust  "

When she died, she had about 100 Santa dolls/statues.  Some were very cool old-timey ones.  But, 100 of them.

"What do we get Grandma?"   "Get her a Santa.  She likes Santa."

No she didn't.  It was just more crap to stuff in the boxes under the stairs.

And teapots.  I guess teapots were for her birthdays.  100 of them.

• 3 weeks later...

just got a secret snitch tell me my daughters got together to buy me this .   as they know i like and collect some  knives thru the years. they knew ive been selling off alot of my collection as im older  and collecting is not my thing anymore .  but this was one brand i was looking at stopping with .

Shirogorov folding knife . 

10 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

I want nothing material but would like to wake up with no pains or aches, it would be nice.

i would trade or sell everything i own for good health ,    im right with ya brother,    here is to a better year  for everyone in pain and bad health ,  :bier:

• Like 7

By sheer coincidence, Christmas has usually been the time when I have the spare change to do something for myself, even after the gift giving and charity.

But not this year.  All this year I've been pretty liberal with doing things for myself.  I bought a 3D printer, a Kimber Micro .380, a video card and VR headset (for vision therapy), an AR-15, a trip to Japan, a Switch and some games (for the plane ride), a couple of Blu-ray box sets, a new monitor, and a variety of books and doo-dads. 

I am very blessed.  I may still fill out a couple of small items, but I wince when I think about buying anything else.  At this point I do not want to acquire anything else until I get rid of something or at least find a better way to organize what I have.

Talking about pain. I was on Prilosec because of acid reflux / Gerd for over 4 years straight. Every time I tried to get off that crap (hurts your kidneys and liver) I was in major pain within a day or two.

The other day I realized that I forgot to take the pill 2 days in a row, and that I had no symptoms to my surprise. So I gave it another try and now I'm on day 5. No pain, no heartburn, no reflux. I really though that I will be on acid blockers for the rest of my life with a fucked up liver and kidneys down the road.

I guess being dry and no smoking for 5 years and no more refined sugars did the trick, finally. Alcohol relaxes the muscle that keeps the acid down, it acts as a one-way vent. Once it is compromised by constant alcohol intake, it takes years (or major surgery) to heal. Refined sugar only keeps the bad bacteria in your digestive tracks overgrowing, attacking the lining of the stomach and being prone for chronic heartburn and much more like cramps and diarrhea, etc.

Just a year ago I gave my self a few years only with all the symptoms I had. I got rid of daily cramps, vision issues, being pre diabetic and acid reflux, "just" with lifestyle and diet changes. Well and I bought a blood sugar monitoring device and sensor that I inserted myself. For one month a got sugar readings every 5 minutes. I learned so much about my body and my health that I was able to get my blood values back into the healthy zone with major changes in my diet and exercise.

I thank God for his help.

I did none of this with the help of a doctor. I didn't want my symptoms to be covered by drugs but heal by my own research and lifestyle changes. With the right attitude you can improve your health very much.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 7

Ruger Precision Rimfire.    I got it on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse for $369.  Being the king of cheap scopes, I'm equipping mine with a $59 Simmons .22 Magnum scope.
top.jpg
What a waste but it is yours and as long as you're happy......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, G19 DB said:

Hopefully some suppressors.  Bought and paid for back in April.  Hoping to hear from uncle sam sometime before the end of the month.  Maybe. 

what cha get ?  i got mine right before  you had to have prints and pics ,   made a trust   and was planning on one 22   and  now i have 8 lol 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dragline said:

A colonoscopy. Seriously 

wanna know something bad , im having upper and lower   for 3 third time this year   on dec 26  ,yep  day after christmas   , i had to get in before the end of year because of insurance changes  coming in 2019  grrrrrrr.   ive had to have 3 a year for over 10 years because of cancer

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:56 AM, Historian said:

Same thing I've asked for many years.

A new flannel shirt, a history book, a pound of coffee and a pound of gummy bears.

The gummy bear tradition goes back 34 years.

I eat candy!

It has been a while since I thought of gummy Bears, thanks for the memory jog.

I haven't thought of what to buy myself even though I have the money.  Guess it will accumulate till I think of something.  Wife just asks me what I want.  She, of course, requires that I surprise her.

• Like 2

i pre-Christmas built myself a Lightweight AR lower to go along with my BCM RECCE upper.

i was hard pressed not to ask Santa for an optic i might give EOtech another chance or Aimpoint t2.

a Glock 21 was on the short list too.

um,but if Santa is reading a Nightforce ATACR 1-8x is the gift for someone who has been as nice as i have,and i will not shoot my eye out.......

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ASH said:

what cha get ?  i got mine right before  you had to have prints and pics ,   made a trust   and was planning on one 22   and  now i have 8 lol 

A warlock for the 22's,  Ghost-M for the pistols, and a Saker-ASR for the rifles.  Didn't go the trust route.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ASH said:

wanna know something bad , im having upper and lower   for 3 third time this year   on dec 26  ,yep  day after christmas   , i had to get in before the end of year because of insurance changes  coming in 2019  grrrrrrr.   ive had to have 3 a year for over 10 years because of cancer

That's exactly when and why I'm also having mine Dec 26 which means prep day is Christmas Day. It's the only date they had available. Wonder why? Heh heh.

I also have to get it done in 2018 because my insurance deductable is met. If I wait until 2019 I'll be charged full boat for the procedure. When I walk in the place, the first person that asks me how was my Christmas was is going to get punched. 

So I'll be spending my Christmas on the shitter.

• Sad 2