Finally! Wine for us rednecks!

PNWguy

1 hour ago, Wishoot said:

Not a wine drinker.  Wouldn't be able to distinguish between a $5 bottle of wine and a $500 bottle.   The less wine costs, the more I can spend on beer and bourbon.  

Actually, that is very easy to do.  Go in the wine shop, look at the different bottles.  If it doesn’t have a price sticker on it, it’s $500 or more.  

Hawk 

• Like 2

A buddy of mine didn't want to lose his buzz late one night after everything stopped selling. Another friend had a bottle of that  Boone's Farm in the trunk of her car that had been there for a week in the southeastern VA August. He chugged it until it was gone. It was all I could do to watch without gagging.

Edited by jfost11

19 hours ago, Brown Hawk said:

There goes your chance for the Supreme Court.

Hawk 

I was just talking about this with my coworkers today, actually! I could MAYBE run for city commission without too much uproar, but anything bigger than that, I'd have 25 years of sexual harassment claims piled at my feet.

won't be no tadbart for prez posters going up, ever.

We used to drink whatever we could get someone to buy for us. Or whatever we found in the coolers the tourists 'gave' us.  One remarkable Sunday we had 2 cases of beer 'given' to us by some unsuspecti…...I mean, friendly tourists. We stashed it in the woods in anticipation of a camp out party on Friday night. Well by Friday that beer had sat out in the sun and got incredibly skunky. We drank it anyway along with the odd assortment of wine. A good and pukey time was had by all. (4 of us) Camping out on the bank of Joe Creek near where it met the Pacific Ocean. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stuff in cans in now hipster cool.  The old is new once again.  

The old was $10 for a craft 6 pack of beer bottles.  The new is $12 for a 4 pack of cans because eco and sustainable and blah blah.

Have not tried them yet but am beginning to see wine in cans here also.

Growing up in grape country immigrant farmers made what we called Dago red, all you needed was $4.00 and a glass 1gal jug.

Not as refined as the cheap commercial stuff but you’d get a buzz and an intestinal clean out cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk