Women and stuff on rear view mirrors?

PNWguy

Was admiring Wyzkid's new Camaro and saw that Hannie posted a pic of her beautiful Camaro.  I couldn't help but notice that she had something hanging from her rear view mirror...

Hannie's Camaro 2.JPG

I have noticed that nearly every female-owned vehicle has something hanging from the rear view mirror.  Usually it's a crystal thing, or a necklace, or if they are over 35, have a tramp stamp, a smoker's cough and driving a Pontiac, then it's a dream catcher.  The only males I see doing this are high school age or under 21.  Usually it's their graduation tassel.

Not saying that there's anything wrong with the habit, it's just a trend I noticed.  Heck, I had a bandana on the rear view mirror of my `69 Torino GT in high school...

scannedpics008-1.jpg.0813176ff20fb4a179076be7eb9ae62a.jpg

We all know the stereotypes of male vs. female cars, but what about the things done to cars in the name of customization?  

I've already established the hypothesis that most female-owned vehicles have something hanging from the rearview mirror.  What other mods have you seen done that sets apart a male-owned vehicle from a female-owned vehicle?

6 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I don't hang things from the rear-view mirror.  It would make the monitor for the back-up camera fall off.  (Thenext ruck I get I'm just going to have that come from the factory.  Aftermarket is a bitch).

But you did this, right?  

i-made-my-steering-wheel-full-of-cleansi

:crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

we got an OI  on our vehicles  but thats about it , we got  cams  mounted to all vehicles with front and back footage, 

this one of my favorite songs  but  jesus  would not stay standing up  

8 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Was admiring Wyzkid's new Camaro and saw that Hannie posted a pic of her beautiful Camaro.  I couldn't help but notice that she had something hanging from her rear view mirror...

Hannie's Camaro 2.JPG

I have noticed that nearly every female-owned vehicle has something hanging from the rear view mirror.  Usually it's a crystal thing, or a necklace, or if they are over 35, have a tramp stamp, a smoker's cough and driving a Pontiac, then it's a dream catcher.  The only males I see doing this are high school age or under 21.  Usually it's their graduation tassel.

Not saying that there's anything wrong with the habit, it's just a trend I noticed.  Heck, I had a bandana on the rear view mirror of my `69 Torino GT in high school...

scannedpics008-1.jpg.0813176ff20fb4a179076be7eb9ae62a.jpg

We all know the stereotypes of male vs. female cars, but what about the things done to cars in the name of customization?  

I've already established the hypothesis that most female-owned vehicles have something hanging from the rearview mirror.  What other mods have you seen done that sets apart a male-owned vehicle from a female-owned vehicle?

Nice Gran Torino! I almost bought one when I was in the Navy, but someone got there first and I ended up with a Duster.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Nice Gran Torino! I almost bought one when I was in the Navy, but someone got there first and I ended up with a Duster.

The Gran Torino didn't come out until 1972.  Until then, they were simply called Torino's.  Or Torino GTs or Cobras...?

• Like 1

I had a '68 Torino GT w/Windsor 351.  I liked it.  I ordered it before the "facts books" were in the dealers, so It was sight unseen.  The dealer had a preliminary book that simply described the options and weight.  I chose the options based on the hp to weight ratio.  I was pleased when it finally arrived.

I had it a couple of days, and drove into South Minneapolis, across a rough raised RR crossing.  The next time I accelerated it sounded "funny".  Like the exhaust had a "tune" to it.

I drove back to the dealers and told them I wanted it checked out before I drove it much more.  They told me they found the problem and it would take a couple of days to fix it.

It turned out that the tail pipe was routed through the rear springs (duals)  and when the chassis bounced at the RR crossing, the spring compressed enough to pinch off the pipes against the frame.  The was the odd sound in the exhaust, I heard.  They had to expedite the new replacement pipes from Ford.

They showed me one of the old pinched off pipes, and said that Ford wanted it shipped straight to them NOW!

I liked it, nice car but the Ford 4 spd was not good for speed shifting.  One person said that it had an "anti-balk" transmission.  All I knew was that it wasn't nearly as good/quick a shifter as many others.  A few times it locked me out of gear and I had to coast down to get into gear again. 

Occasionally this was a problem, since it happened during my acceleration up a ramp to merge into the Interstate traffic in town during rush hour.  I would get up to speed, and then was locked out of gear, in neutral...…..………...

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Hannie's Camaro 2.JPG

I think those might be sunglasses.  That was back when I first got the car.  Now I have a rosary hanging from the mirror.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, minervadoe said:

My wife used to have a tiny stuffed toy shark hanging from her mirror.

And what's with stuffed animals and old people at car shows??

Your average senior citizen doesn't drive around with 23 stuffed animals in their vehicle, yet the ones that fix up old cars seem to have an issue with them; like my mom and throw pillows...

stuffed-animal-leopards-driving-a-car-at

mercury-commuter-wagon-06.jpg

• Confused 1