Random Posting

Eric

9 hours ago, railfancwb said:

85cff40ef964c5e7bd714ab08250d9b2.jpg

Is this an original McD or a reproduction? I recall years ago driving through a town with a reproduction. Even had appropriate era cars parked there. Unfortunately no longer remember where.

If that's a reproduction they're going to have to fire their marketing dept. Those 15 cent burgers will break 'em.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Careful on the choice of words bro. My oldest daughter was Army combat medic, came home with PTSD. Can't go near crowds without here service dog. Retards get untrained hinky emotional support dogs.

Was in a Walmart a few months ago and a guy had a puppy with him.  Puppy pissed on the floor.  I think he cleaned it up but I'm thinking "great - someone else who can't go around without their schnoopsie-poo!"

See them later and I notice the dog has a "service dog" tab on his collar and I felt like a ********.  Glad I didn't say anything.....

• Like 1

So, I just endured a commercial where some galoot was telling me to buy gold because it was going to double, triple, you're gonna be rich!

Then there was some tiny print at the bottom of the screen that stated that commodity prices are volatile and unpredictable.

Wait.

Wasn't the whole commercial a prediction that gold prices will go higher?

:headscratch:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tous said:

So, I just endured a commercial where some galoot was telling me to buy gold because it was going to double, triple, you're gonna be rich!

Then there was some tiny print at the bottom of the screen that stated that commodity prices are volatile and unpredictable.

Wait.

The only thing worse than those guys, are the ones that tell  you to send them your money and they will give you a  debit card (your choice of Gold, Platinum, Black, or any color you need) to try to impress others.

Then the "users" say that they get their money from their employers deposited straight to their card and so they get paid two days earlier!  Don't they realize that only helps once!  From then on they are still on the same pay schedule only offset 2 days from before...………….ARGHHHHHHH

With this card they can keep track of their money.  If they couldn't keep track of their cash, how is this card going to make any difference!

I can't believe there is a business that tells you to send them your money and they will let you spend it using their card, instead of with your cash.

DUMB ASS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tous said:

Wait.

What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away.

-Pat

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Was in a Walmart a few months ago and a guy had a puppy with him.  Puppy pissed on the floor.  I think he cleaned it up but I'm thinking "great - someone else who can't go around without their schnoopsie-poo!"

See them later and I notice the dog has a "service dog" tab on his collar and I felt like a ********.  Glad I didn't say anything.....

I wouldn't feel bad.  If it's a real service dog, then it's been trained not to piss on the floor in the middle of a store.  It's also not likely to be a "puppy"  Any breed of dog is allowed, and they do a lot of different jobs, but generally they're adult dogs.  They also have to have actually been trained to do a specific task or job to help their owner/handler.  

https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.pdf

My guess is either it's a flat out lie, or at best an "emotional support animal" that they bought the certification for off the internet.  

I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it, as there are way too many scumsuckers taking advantage of the system just like everything else.  

At least he cleaned up after it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cougar_ml said:

I wouldn't feel bad.  If it's a real service dog, then it's been trained not to piss on the floor in the middle of a store.  It's also not likely to be a "puppy"  Any breed of dog is allowed, and they do a lot of different jobs, but generally they're adult dogs.  They also have to have actually been trained to do a specific task or job to help their owner/handler.  

https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.pdf

My guess is either it's a flat out lie, or at best an "emotional support animal" that they bought the certification for off the internet.  

I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it, as there are way too many scumsuckers taking advantage of the system just like everything else.  

At least he cleaned up after it.

I'm wondering if the dog was being trained to be an ESD.  That might explain it.

1 hour ago, tous said:

Wait.

Market up, market down, market stable, market volatile you must buy gold to hedge off the coming TEOTWAWKI

a friend of mine was big into gold, silver. Till an ice storm hit and the power was out for near a week. The Holiday inn 50 miles away wouldn’t take Krugerands.

Some is good, all in one basket is bad. A little cash, a few rolls of quarters (you never know) prepaid phone card, prepaid credit card. If you’re saving for retirement or for disaster can be different things

Edited by Dric902
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I'm wondering if the dog was being trained to be an ESD.  That might explain it.

Emotional support animals don't have the same protections as a service animal.

Also, if it's not registered as a service animal, the appropriate tag would look more like one of these

Customized Dog Tag - ESA

ESA are a total crock of $#!t.  You can easily go online and pay for an evaluation letter saying that you "need" an emotional support animal, and I would seriously doubt they'd charge you the hundred and fifty plus dollars then turn around and tell you "no", as that's just bad internet business practice.  

Don't get me wrong, there really are people that need them to function in the real world, but the vast majority are fake in my opinion, and at best think they need one, but manage to function just fine without it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Those tabs can be bought by anyone. They don't necessarily mean that the dog is a service animal.

If the puppy pissed, that's an indication that  the dog is not trained and most probably, not a service dog. Don't confuse with an emotional support animal, those can be almost anything.

People buy the tags to take their animal almost anywhere.  Just because they are special...

Edited by Ricordo

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic