Sarah Palin can see 2022 from her house

2 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I liked Sarah Palin.  The "can see from my house" thing was misquoted and stupid.  If that was the best they had they should not have bothered but I guess it worked.

At the time of the 2008 race, Palin might have been the only one on either ticket with chief executive experience. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I liked Sarah Palin.  The "can see from my house" thing was misquoted and stupid.  If that was the best they had they should not have bothered but I guess it worked.

The only folks who think it was stupid are folks who liked the broad.  I'll never get tired of Palin jokes because of just how stupid she really is!  Tina Fey will ALWAYS be the real Sarah Palin!  :D

4 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Palin scared the hell out of the Democrats.  I'm not sure how she would have done as VP but as a senator - I'd vote for her.  

She can't be any dumber than half the senators up there right now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Palin would be an excellent replacement for Moo-Cow-ski, a second generation corrupt politician. We've never had a full Republican majority in the senate as long as we had Rino backstabbers like McCain, Romney and too many others. Orrin Hatch was another one who could never be counted on. Republicans used to say, "You can't count your Hatch until he chickens".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maser said:

The only folks who think it was stupid are folks who liked the broad.  I'll never get tired of Palin jokes because of just how stupid she really is!  Tina Fey will ALWAYS be the real Sarah Palin!  :D

I like Sarah. But I also don't base my political preferences on what celebrities who carry water for the DNC say or do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 26isbest said:

I like Sarah. But I also don't base my political preferences on what celebrities who carry water for the DNC say or do.

I couldn't care less what celebrities think about politics.  They're entertainers and that's what I watch them for. 

6 hours ago, Maser said:

What did she do that made her so stupid?  I honestly did not pay much attention to her but I do not remember her saying anything dumb.  I would guess her IQ is at least above average.

• Like 3

She said that from her place in Alaska, she could see Russia.  Technically, the island chain off Alaska, aren't that far from territorial waters of Russia.  

But Democrats that don't understand distance or international boundaries, scoffed at the statement.  The ignorant won the argument through sheer ridicule and numbers. 

The press was, as always, for the Democrats.  Democrats were worried because she was smart and good looking.  Look at their candidates!

They make the same statements about Mrs. Trump, because she is good looking, wealthy in her own right, has class and poise.  Nothing that Democrats understand.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Maser said:

1 hour ago, Maser said:

I couldn't care less what celebrities think about politics.  They're entertainers and that's what I watch them for. 

And then there are the people who failed to grasp the political messaging in Rage Against The Machine and The Ramones music. Somewhere over in Italy is a guy who would repaint the Sistine Chapel ceiling with a roller if directed to do so.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

She said that from her place in Alaska, she could see Russia.  Technically, the island chain off Alaska, aren't that far from territorial waters of Russia.  

But Democrats that don't understand distance or international boundaries, scoffed at the statement.  The ignorant won the argument through sheer ridicule and numbers. 

The press was, as always, for the Democrats.  Democrats were worried because she was smart and good looking.  Look at their candidates!

They make the same statements about Mrs. Trump, because she is good looking, wealthy in her own right, has class and poise.  Nothing that Democrats understand.

To reiterate, what she said was factually accurate and she was directly asked about it.  It was not an off the cuff airheaded comment.  I find it particularly delicious that the same party that claims to be for women ferociously attacks the 2nd female VP candidate as stupid.  I cannot stand Nancy Pulosi's politics but I know she is very intelligent.  AOC on the other hand.......

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sarah-palin-russia-house/

It is an interesting example of how stupid people are led by misquotes and they seem to be given extra power if the misquote is funny.  The other really bad one is the Dan Quayle potato spelling incident.  He was a judge and the person did not spell it like it was on the card and both spellings are correct.

The same type of people have the hubris to say DJT is stupid.  You can not like him all you want but he is far from stupid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3