Grocery shopping yesterday, people are stupid

I really limit my trips to town and have been avoiding people as much as I can. But I've got to eat something besides moose, salmon, and halibut so I hit the grocery store. I wore a mask. I used one of those sanitizing rags on the shopping cart. Hardly anyone else was wearing a mask. People were acting like it is 2019. I saw lots of couples shopping together. News flash....it only takes one of you to do the shopping. There were old decrepit couples in there shopping together as if they don't have a care in the world. Hell, maybe they want to die.WTF is wrong with people? Anyway, rant over. God bless Tadbart. I hope he completely recovers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Shopping these days reminds me of "The Return of the Archons". Everyone is all fake considerate and walking in exaggerated, slow-mo deliberation. I keep expecting them to ask me if I am "of the Body".  One of the funniest things I've seen, more than once, is when someone realizes she passed an item in a "one-way aisle" and instead of just turning around she literally backs up. :supergrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

I really limit my trips to town and have been avoiding people as much as I can. But I've got to eat something besides moose, salmon, and halibut so I hit the grocery store. I wore a mask. I used one of those sanitizing rags on the shopping cart. Hardly anyone else was wearing a mask. People were acting like it is 2019. I saw lots of couples shopping together. News flash....it only takes one of you to do the shopping. There were old decrepit couples in there shopping together as if they don't have a care in the world. Hell, maybe they want to die.WTF is wrong with people? Anyway, rant over. God bless Tadbart. I hope he completely recovers.

I don't know about you, but I love my wife and with all these insane anarchists running around, I am not letting her go just about anywhere alone.  We watch each other's back and protect ourselves.  This is also why we have a biting Aussie Shepard at home.  The world is a dangerous place and with our President standing up to, and thwarting  the world domination plans of the globalists, it is going to get much more so.  Wake up, stand up America or really dark times are coming for us all

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

On 7/11/2020 at 9:46 AM, Walt Longmire said:

But I've got to eat something besides moose, salmon, and halibut so I hit the grocery store.

Uhm, other than the addition of bacon, I'd be good with that.

We are still under the mask order by der gooberner, but it doesn't seem to be something that many are following.

• Thanks 1

Walt, thanks for the kind word.

Getting out of isolation tomorrow, to go home to- ISOLATE. These idiots- The only sad thing is, these rioters all wear masks.

People appear to act like this ain't no big deal. Well, it kinda is. I expect lots of folks are gonna die or be permanently maimed this summer. I know my lungs are absolutely plowed. If I'm out (which I won't be for at least 2 more weeks), I'll be masked for the forseeable future. Best thing we can do is avoid close contacts these days. I fully intend to do my part at work, and the grocery store. Can't see the need to go anywhere else, really.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Getting out of isolation tomorrow, to go home to- ISOLATE. These idiots- The only sad thing is, these rioters all wear masks.

People appear to act like this ain't no big deal. Well, it kinda is. I expect lots of folks are gonna die or be permanently maimed this summer. I know my lungs are absolutely plowed. If I'm out (which I won't be for at least 2 more weeks), I'll be masked for the forseeable future. Best thing we can do is avoid close contacts these days. I fully intend to do my part at work, and the grocery store. Can't see the need to go anywhere else, really.

Glad to hear you are improving. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

The rioters are only wearing the masks to mask their identity.

• Like 2

Walt, your thread about grocery shopping reminded me about a suggestion to use plastic grocery bags to operate the gas pump when fueling up. You just stick the hand your using to operate the pump in a grocery bag then, when you're finished fueling, throw the bag in the trash. I've just been using hand sanitizer so far. It looks like all of us will contract Covid sooner or later.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dynactus said:

Walt, your thread about grocery shopping reminded me about a suggestion to use plastic grocery bags to operate the gas pump when fueling up. You just stick the hand your using to operate the pump in a grocery bag then, when you're finished fueling, throw the bag in the trash. I've just been using hand sanitizer so far. It looks like all of us will contract Covid sooner or later.

I buy gas at Costco. They wipe down the gas pumps after every customer. I use them because they're the cheapest place in town.

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

Good to have ya back man!  Rest and take care of yourself.  Prayers work!!!  Welcome home Bro!!

19 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Good to have ya back man!  Rest and take care of yourself.  Prayers work!!!  Welcome home Bro!!

Thanks man! Heading to the ranch tomorrow afternoon, per staff here. Still covid positive, so it's a release to quarantine, but it's to MY quarantine. Thank you guys for all the juju. IT HELPED.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 11:32 AM, gwalchmai said:

Shopping these days reminds me of "The Return of the Archons". Everyone is all fake considerate and walking in exaggerated, slow-mo deliberation. I keep expecting them to ask me if I am "of the Body".  One of the funniest things I've seen, more than once, is when someone realizes she passed an item in a "one-way aisle" and instead of just turning around she literally backs up. :supergrin:

Is that you, Landru? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dynactus said:

Now I know what to do with the hundreds of bags under my sink.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dynactus said:

I keep a dedicated box of gloves in my truck.  

• Like 1