Grocery shopping yesterday, people are stupid

5 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Wearing a layer of knit t-shirt material across your face so you can virtue-signal how much you care about other people's health is laughable, and a reflection on your level of thought.  Believing that anyone who isn't wearing a mask must therefore not care about your health is an unwarranted assumption based on your own prejudices against people who won't do what you tell them to.  You have NO IDEA why they aren't wearing one unless they tell you why.  Medical?  Psychological?  Autistic and can't tolerate the sensations without losing it?  Motivated by the belief that they will spread MORE of the disease by wearing one rather than less and they are actually caring more about you than you are about them?  They value the rights of the individual over the "rights of the collective" that always end so well?  Sociopathic and really just don't care?  YOU DON'T KNOW.

Wearing a mask because the owner of the private property you are standing on requires them... is simply respecting private property rights, the way you would want your own respected.  Seeing as how N-95 masks set off my asthma at the 45 minute mark, I'll get the hell off your property long before then, if I am unable to find a way to provide what I need without setting foot on your property in the first place, which I will definitely do my utmost to achieve, since masks are security theater just like storeowners prohibition sting firearms on the premises is, and just like having to take off your freaking shoes at the airport.   Paying a $500 fine because you are outside on public property without a mask on in some random area the governing Karen decides is her personal definition of  "crowded" is a violation of your rights.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near someone without a mask, doesn't have to go there.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near a person who IS wearing a mask doesn't have to go there.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near children, or old people, or white people, or black people, or red/yellow/brown/blue/purple-people ,or 2A protesters, or antifa animals has the right to choose to go there, or not to go there.  The property is PUBLIC.  Everyone has a right to be on it, EVEN THE PEOPLE/IDIOTS YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.  Everyone has the right to be there, and the right to choose whether or not they will exercise that right, but no one has the right to bar any other law-abiding citizen from that public property.  And masks are not law.  They are Executive Orders that have completely bypassed the legislature on the grounds that our governor can simply extend her emergency indefinitely and make whatever decrees her tyrannical little soul wishes in her campaign to be be Biden's VP.

Mrs.C makes me proud to be a woman!

• Thanks 1

I really don't care about the politics behind the masks or one's believes about them. Do what you want, all day long, but If you are not wearing one...don't even come close to me. I'm going to contract the virus sooner or later anyway, because of the work. I would prefer though to enjoy the summer for as long as possible. Your freedom is important to me. It really is....but not at the cost of my (and my family) health or even life.

Edited by Nestor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nestor said:

I really don't care about the politics behind the masks or one's believes about them. Do what you want, all day long, but If you are not wearing one...don't even come close to me. I'm going to contract the virus sooner or later anyway, because of the work. I would prefer though to enjoy the summer for as long as possible. Your freedom is important to me. It really is....but not at the cost of my (and my family) health or even life.

I would like to delay catching the virus until there are better treatments available that won't end up with me on a ventilator.

• Like 1

It is a myth everyone has to get this.  Most other first world countries have it under control.  America is the shameful outlier and it will affect our ability to participate in the world economy for at least a few years.  But y’all don’t worry about that, other countries are stupid and we don’t need them.  

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, SarahMcGlocklan said:

It is a myth everyone has to get this.  Most other first world countries have it under control.  America is the shameful outlier and it will affect our ability to participate in the world economy for at least a few years.  But y’all don’t worry about that, other countries are stupid and we don’t need them.  

No!  It's the most contagious scourge to ever penetrate our borders!

We'll have to become a third world country or everyone will die.

I pretty much don't believe any stats / numbers that anyone, anywhere, is putting out, anymore.

One thing is for certain,  after the election,  it's either going to completely go away,  or get twice as bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2020 at 9:11 PM, Walt Longmire said:

I don't know why it has to get this way. One group (Us) wants to preserve this great country and see it prosper. Another wants to destroy it. I think group 2 should just GTFO and go live (or die) somewhere else.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A. Heinlein

Most if not all of those who want people to be controlled expect to be in the upper tier of controllers rather than with the peons and other controllees. 

My Addendum 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A. Heinlein

Most if not all of those who want people to be controlled expect to be in the upper tier of controllers rather than with the peons and other controllees. 

My Addendum 

A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.

RAH

• Thanks 1