Might Be My Turn.

tadbart

Hey guys. What a whirlwind. Thank you all for your genuine concern.
6.28. Dry cough
6.30. Body aches and fatigue, profoundly worsening.
7.1. Loss of taste and smell. Got swabbed at a health dept site.
7.3. Fever. Shortness of breath. Cough persistently. Terrible joint pain and fatigue. First trip to ER. Steroids, high flow oxygen.  Couple hours later discharged home with zithromax and prednisone. Pending two covid tests.
7.5. Condition worsened. Acute shortness of breath. O2 sat 89% at home. 103 fever. Missus drove me back to the ER. Admitted to ICU step-down. Test back, positive covid. Mild sepsis. Hypoxia.
"We're gonna do remdesivir and get you better asap!" Well, Florida is out of remdesivir til 7.13.
"Let's admit you to ICU and do convalescent donor plasma antibodies." Ordered at 10a on 7.7. Still waiting. Been treating my symptoms well with steroids, antibiotics, a handful of meds, but not addressing the cause. Finally started on HCQ tonight at 8.
Let's talk vascular access. I'm the guy who lets new medics and nurses practice IV starts on me. FOURTEEN IV ATTEMPTS. ONE SUCCESS. IN MY PECTORAL. So, I now have a picc line.
Current symptoms- weak as hell. Rolling over in bed works me out. Takes about 20 minutes to recover. Bedside toilet? Hour recovery. Current o2 sat is 94%, on a high flow nasal CPAP thing giving me 50% concentrated oxygen (you peasants get 21%). I normally run 98% on room air. 
Daily chest xrays look worse and worse. Started as infiltrates in both bases. Moved up to lateral and middle aspects of both lungs. Upper lobes still clear. No mention of ARDS. Let's keep it that way.
Plan. Continue HCQ. Get plasma, then downgrade to PCU for discharge planning in a few days.

Guys, thanks again for your concern. I'm Kenneth Kehoe on Facebook if ya wanna add. Multiple media is tough to manage on a good day. Impossible when you're sick.
Glad to hear you are finally getting some of the meds you wanted.

Continued prayers for positive progress.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TBO said:

Glad to hear you are finally getting some of the meds you wanted.
Continued prayers for positive progress.

Sound like it's a full hit on our man.

God bless him and his wife.  What a pile of crap.

Tad!  Keep up the fight my man! 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, tadbart said:

Hey guys. What a whirlwind. Thank you all for your genuine concern.

6.28. Dry cough

6.30. Body aches and fatigue, profoundly worsening.

7.1. Loss of taste and smell. Got swabbed at a health dept site.

7.3. Fever. Shortness of breath. Cough persistently. Terrible joint pain and fatigue. First trip to ER. Steroids, high flow oxygen.  Couple hours later discharged home with zithromax and prednisone. Pending two covid tests.

7.5. Condition worsened. Acute shortness of breath. O2 sat 89% at home. 103 fever. Missus drove me back to the ER. Admitted to ICU step-down. Test back, positive covid. Mild sepsis. Hypoxia.

"We're gonna do remdesivir and get you better asap!" Well, Florida is out of remdesivir til 7.13.

"Let's admit you to ICU and do convalescent donor plasma antibodies." Ordered at 10a on 7.7. Still waiting. Been treating my symptoms well with steroids, antibiotics, a handful of meds, but not addressing the cause. Finally started on HCQ tonight at 8.

Let's talk vascular access. I'm the guy who lets new medics and nurses practice IV starts on me. FOURTEEN IV ATTEMPTS. ONE SUCCESS. IN MY PECTORAL. So, I now have a picc line.

Current symptoms- weak as hell. Rolling over in bed works me out. Takes about 20 minutes to recover. Bedside toilet? Hour recovery. Current o2 sat is 94%, on a high flow nasal CPAP thing giving me 50% concentrated oxygen (you peasants get 21%). I normally run 98% on room air. 

Daily chest xrays look worse and worse. Started as infiltrates in both bases. Moved up to lateral and middle aspects of both lungs. Upper lobes still clear. No mention of ARDS. Let's keep it that way.

Plan. Continue HCQ. Get plasma, then downgrade to PCU for discharge planning in a few days.

Guys, thanks again for your concern. I'm Kenneth Kehoe on Facebook if ya wanna add. Multiple media is tough to manage on a good day. Impossible when you're sick.

Sounds like you got the Full Monty, friend.  Keep fighting, I've hit you up on Facebook. ❤️

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

And yet the denyers say it's just like catching a cold.

Knock it off, it is no different PPQer doing his version.  We have plenty of threads to argue that crap.

Tad, glad to hear you are getting taken care of.  Your O2 does not sound bad to me, I can get to 89 on room air easily, 93% is about normal for me.  Not happy about it but docs don't care.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NPTim said:

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FLU FIGHTING! MAN THOSE CATS WERE FAST AS LIGHTNING!

https://78.media.tumblr.com/0d7e0e3c9af99a63b728b12b26e024b4/tumblr_p28cf8aTon1v1frjoo1_500.gif

I was going to rewrite the song with explaining how the antibiotics were fast as lightning.

At least, i hope and pray they are.

I hope Tad can give us an update in a couple of days.

One of the guys i work with has a rather large family, all boys and his wife.   One of the boys appears to have caught the Kung Flu...and they are all sequestered now.   A cold goes through that family like a Biblical plague.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Historian said:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/0d7e0e3c9af99a63b728b12b26e024b4/tumblr_p28cf8aTon1v1frjoo1_500.gif

I was going to rewrite the song with explaining how the antibiotics were fast as lightning.

At least, i hope and pray they are.

I hope Tad can give us an update in a couple of days.

One of the guys i work with has a rather large family, all boys and his wife.   One of the boys appears to have caught the Kung Flu...and they are all sequestered now.   A cold goes through that family like a Biblical plague.

i think Nothing would Cheer tadbart up faster then a Video of you Nunchuk dancing and singing your Version of Kung Fu Fighting.

we will need you to wear the Bruce Lee Pajama Bottoms while doing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i think Nothing would Cheer tadbart up faster then a Video of you Nunchuk dancing and singing your Version of Kung Fu Fighting.

Just don't show him the one where the dude whacks himself in the balls. He might die laughing.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Haha 2