Help me with a conundrum

gwalchmai

Costco has these really great cookie combos, with white chocolate/macadamia nut, oatmeal raisin, and toll house. Let's say you like all three, but especially oatmeal raisin. Your wife likes toll house best, then WCMN, but really doesn't care for oatmeal raisin.

How do you choose the order in which you select your cookies over the next few days to maximize their utility to you?

10 point bonus question: What order do you choose to maximize your "life happiness"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Costco has these really great cookie combos, with white chocolate/macadamia nut, oatmeal raisin, and toll house. Let's say you like all three, but especially oatmeal raisin. Your wife likes toll house best, then WCMN, but really doesn't care for oatmeal raisin.

How do you choose the order in which you select your cookies over the next few days to maximize their utility to you?

10 point bonus question: What order do you choose to maximize your "life happiness"?

As much as I want or as much as I can carry.  My wife does the same.  Going to a grocery store with my wife is like taking a child to a candy store.

Buy all the cookies you want.  They have a good shelf life and if you like them warmmmmmmmmm, you can always heat 'em up in the microwave.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Well about 20 minutes ago, and one beer later, i was told i am off the clock.

First day off in almost one month.

Yeah.....salary... when you average it out...

• Like 2

Is all three an option? Cuz that's how I roll  :)

Remove 1/3 from each and replace with 1/3 from the others. Place 2 packs in the freezer for later and enjoy the other!

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think there is a possibility that you are confusing want with need.

Want is how many cookies of any variety you can buy.

Need is the minimum cookies it takes to keep you from doing harm to someone.

Need for me is 1 dozen.  Want for me is, "More".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

If wife does not like oatmeal raisin, then you eat them all.  Then, once the wife eats all the Tollhouse cookies, you muse something like, "I'd love one of those tollhouse cookies, any left?"

She says "no", but feels guilty for plowing through them like she has a vacuum attachment instead of a mouth.  You softball her with, "Are there any of those delicious white chocolate macadamia nut cookies?"  She feels relieved that you didn't call her out for immodestly powering through an entire batch of cookies and then you agree to split the remainder 50 / 50.  You continue to eat oat meal raisin cookies.  It is your duty as the man of  the house.  Besides, they're pretty tasty (and they keep you regular).  You beg for leftovers before she polishes off the macadamia cookies in a fevered pitch of madness comparable to a road rage incident. 

Sound like a plan?

Edited by minervadoe
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

... order in which you select your cookies over the next few days ...

There are several flaws in your logic.

The most glaring, that said cookies will last days.

This is the correct method of consuming a variety of cookies.

With a fresh cup of coffee at hand, eat one of each; order is not important.

Put the rest of the cookies in the kitchen, return to Barcalounger or couch.

Wait exactly five minutes.

Retreive cookies, repeat steps one and two until there are no more cookies.

:biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I probably failed in the problem description portion. I already have the cookies. It's a clamshell with a dozen of each of those. I needed to go to Costco this morning buy gas for the truck and mowers ($1.37/gal :)) and Mrs. G mentioned that her mom & dad needed paper towels & TP. Since I had to go in I grabbed a box of cookies. Yes, there were towels but no TP, so I gave the in-laws half a dozen rolls from my secret stash. I get to use his zero-turn Bad Boy mower - it's like having a neighbor with a pool :supergrin:

So, I got home and surprised Mrs. G with "antiviral cookies". She axed me if I was going to eat the oatmeal first and I said I'd need to call a buddy who knew all about which cookies to eat first... ;)

She mumbled something about "bunch of reprobates", IDK.

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, tous said:

There are several flaws in your logic.

The most glaring, that said cookies will last days.

This is the correct method of consuming a variety of cookies.

With a fresh cup of coffee at hand, eat one of each; order is not important.

Put the rest of the cookies in the kitchen, return to Barcalounger or couch.

Wait exactly five minutes.

Retreive cookies, repeat steps one and two until there are no more cookies.

Thank you for noting that blaring assumption. :anim_rofl2:

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 2

A diminutive, I mean "little" Girl Scout (?), came to my door and asked if I wanted to buy some cookies.,  I gave her $20 bill and said how many can I have?  She said four boxes.  I can tell that those Girl Scout Thin Mints thought that they had met the Apocalypse when the next day I asked the wife if she knew where that little girl came from.  Cause her "stuff" was gone already.  Some of you might have noticed that my posting late at night had all the hallmarks of too many cookies.

I am thinking that the next time this happens, I will probably try to muscle in on her racket and buy a majority of her Chocolate Thin Mint cookies.  If for no other reason than to see her face light up again!

She was a sweet little thing.  Just right for a source of cookies.  The authorities wouldn't suspect a thing.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Now I wanna make cookies :(

I thought Cookie making was in your DNA!  I'm shocked that you don't have cookie dough secreted away for just that moment when it's wanted, needed, and necessary.

I have a bucket of mix in the fridge just for those moments when I can't control the urge.  Only 15 minutes away from a hot cup of Coffee.  I have cut back to 10 or 12 at a time.  You have to give them up gradually or you may fall into Cakes.

I been thinking of taking up drinking to ease off cookies.

• Like 1

“A bucket”? You sound like my Ex daughter in law who called one night and asked if she could come over the next morning to make cookies. “Sure”, I said. 

She showed up with a couple of tubes of “slice and bake” Lol. I said, I thought we were making cookies not slicing cookies. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1