Am I being detained

Silentpoet

A friend of mine is a trooper. He only had one Soverign Citizen encounter.

”am I being detained?”

i pulled you over for your speed sir

”am I being detained?”

whats that mean?

”am I being detained?”

what do you mean “detained”, I don’t know what you mean?

”???”

the guy was lost, didn’t have a clue what he was saying

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

My favorite response is always, “no, you’re under arrest for obstruction”. 

Thy don’t understand that “detained” is not really a proper legal definition of anything. You’re either free to leave or you’re not, and if you’re not then you are “under arrest” whether You have been charged with a crime yet or not.   

• Like 2

rofl ,  i know one of those cops .  Pinehurst  is a rich area  but has some slum areas .  that was funny as hell  i gotta give my bud a call about this.from the area pulled over , was heading for a round about , that would have been funny.

Not many people realize that the your driver's license is a State owned item, that you are taxed for, but is not your property.  When an on duty Law Enforcement Official asks for ID, I provide it.  When I was a FLEO, the rule was if there was a stranger in the building you demanded ID.  I pissed off some OPR people (Like I.A. out in the world), for just popping into my area and I challenged them for ID as an Acting Supervisor.  I made it clear I was the Acting Supervisor, and if they were who they said they were, they knew by their own regulations they have to present ID, which the did begrudgingly. 

I went to my old office to bring some food during the shutdown, to support the newest crop of FNG's and my former hunting partner, and friend who is now a Supervisor, to raise morale.  A Supervisor on detail challenged me for my credentials, and I provided them and said, "No problem.  If I were you, I would ask me the same thing."

To not digress further, your license plate is something the State owns, which you paid a tax to have loaned to you.  You do not own it.  There is nothing in the Constitution Bill of Rights that guarantees you the right to drive a vehicle.  You screw up bad enough, the State can revoke your license to drive.  If you are belligerent and are arrested, your vehicle can be impounded and inventoried.  So, that roach in the ashtray might make you have a bad day.  Just because you own your vehicle, or the bank does, doesn't give you the right to take onto a public thoroughfare.  I can't throw the keys to my 5 foot daughter coming up on 13 years old and say, "Daddy needs you to drive."

Edited by Moshe
  • Like 1

I love watching videos of these 'sovereign citizens' who are 'traveling' the roadways.  It's like they think there are super secret words and phrases they can use to access laws the rest of us don't know about.  What makes me laugh the hardest is that they don't learn.  They get pulled out of cars, proned out, fined, imprisoned, laughed out of court, but like a dog to vomit they keep coming back and trying it again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I love watching videos of these 'sovereign citizens' who are 'traveling' the roadways.  It's like they think there are super secret words and phrases they can use to access laws the rest of us don't know about.  What makes me laugh the hardest is that they don't learn.  They get pulled out of cars, proned out, fined, imprisoned, laughed out of court, but like a dog to vomit they keep coming back and trying it again.

I like most of the videos, but the one donut operator posted of the woman preacher going on about sanctuary in her church I had to turn off because she was too annoying.  Some guy beat up his mother, the cops yank him out of the church, and she hits the scene like a turd in the punchbowl.

5 hours ago, windowasher said:

But the Constitution says I have the right to keep and bear arms...so how can they take my guns away, or deny me the ability to purchase or carry  without me committing a crime?

Which makes no sense to me either.

• Like 1