Old Pictures

Eric

He's Joe Peterburs.  In Nov., 1944, age 19, he arrived in England where he flew 49 combat missions in the P-51.  On April 10, 1945, he got into a dog fight with Walter Schuck, German ace with 206 credited aerial victories. Schuck was flying an Me-262 jet.  Petersburs shot him down.

He retired after 36 years of service as a Colonel, command pilot and inductee into the USAF Air Weapons Controller Hall of Fame. 

image.png.21cd43b996142f4672868ba9960405d4.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

He's Joe Peterburs.  In Nov., 1944, age 19, he arrived in England where he flew 49 combat missions in the P-51.  On April 10, 1945, he got into a dog fight with Walter Schuck, German ace with 206 credited aerial victories. Schuck was flying an Me-262 jet.  Petersburs shot him down.
He retired after 36 years of service as a Colonel, command pilot and inductee into the USAF Air Weapons Controller Hall of Fame. 
image.png.21cd43b996142f4672868ba9960405d4.png

Worth more than a simple “Like” for someone who ****** in the German Jet stew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, pipedreams said:

When American troops liberated prisoners in the Dachau concentration camp, Germany, in 1945, many German SS guards were killed by the prisoners who then threw their bodies into the moat surrounding the camp.

bq-5c70c5598f256.jpeg

We moved into our 2nd house when I was seven years old.  The house was complete with all the furnishings from the original owner.  Among the stuff was a couple of very large photo albums. One of the books in the series was labeled, "Collier's Photographic Encyclopedia of World War II".  Another was the same title for World War I, and another for the civil war.

I read them all from cover to cover, more than once.  In it were reprinted photographs taken all during the war.  I was around seven or eight, when I saw The WWII photographs of the first allied soldiers entering a couple of the death camps.  I saw naked emaciated bodies thrown into large piles and stacked like cordwood.  Many pictures of the camps and the opening of the ovens with remains of human bodies and bones still in them. Even pictures of the people loaded on trains heading into this monstrous hell unknowingly.

I will never believe anyone that disputes the conditions those poor people were subjected to. Or the inhumanity and total disregard for human beings by the German military and many of the German people.  I saw pictures of piles of teeth, taken for the Gold fillings, even the facilities used to make soap from the prisoners bodies.  I saw pictures of the gas chambers and how they were constructed.  Some pictures showed their liberators crying.

It didn't "scar" me, but it did show me just how empty of empathy a whole regime can be and how politics is used to set one group of people against the other.  I formed many of my life long opinions based on those picture books.  I also learned what can happen when a peoples are not allowed to defend themselves. 

I have very strong feelings from this past experience that make me adamant about keeping and bearing arms.  I learned that for the most part, this world is a worse place for the existence of politicians.  Politics is doing anything under the Sun to other people, and causing   immeasurable harm, simply to enhance your feeling of control, power, and greed.  Politics got the world into war and will again if we don't control the fools that run things. 

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Stevie Nicks, 1976

700299281_StevieNicks1976.jpeg.12ef5a7c4a5c1b22cd763255d65ac76e.jpeg

You look at Chicks like this and might think, “She looks real nice.”But the reality is that they are Poster Children for ‘Drugs an Bad Behavior’. I say, ‘Nasty is as Nasty Does.’ No thanks.....

• Like 2

You look at Chicks like this and might think, “She looks real nice.”But the reality is that they are Poster Children for ‘Drugs an Bad Behavior’. I say, ‘Nasty is as Nasty Does.’ No thanks.....

From pictures I’ve seen, Hillary also looked really nice at that age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2