Old Pictures

Eric

On 11/23/2019 at 7:54 PM, janice6 said:

Captain Louis E. Curdes sitting in his P-51 fighter, Philippines, 1945. He is the only person that has ever been awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for shooting down his girl friend… His Army nurse girlfriend was onboard the American DC3 he shot down

Notice the aircraft he has shot down painted on the side of his airplane. 7 German, 1 Italian, 1 Japanese and 1 American… 1 American?.. Yes and his grilfriend was in the Amercian aircraft he shot down! No Kidding this is a true happening.

Here is the complete story as written for a newspaper article of the time:..."

Captain Louis E. Curdes sitting in his P-51 fighter, Philippines, 1945. He is the only person that has ever been awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for shooting down his girl friend…  His Army nurse girlfriend was onboard the American DC3 he shot down

I think someone has this picture as their avatar. Might be another site, however,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eric said:

434709A6-4A92-407B-81AE-DBE92220ADE7.jpeg

Nothing better. 4 on the floor, custom GO pedal, BOSTON (especially) and your pride and joy add-on tape deck. All that's missing is your girl straddling the "stick" while you attempt to keep it between the lines. OH YEAH, BABY!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the early 50's I drove my dad nuts when I installed a radio in the back seat deck for us kids to listen to.  The wind and engine noise of the 46 Chrysler drowned out the front seat radio.

Then to push him completely over the edge, I later put a mechanical reverberation unit on it so the echo seemed to never stop.

I still have a spare mechanical reverberation unit in my electronics crap from back then.