Who Remembers?

Eric

On 9/3/2017 at 8:26 PM, Eric said:

Who remembers when every self-respecting hotrod on the road was sporting a set of Cragar SuperSport mags?

10bf7b94e6c61bb3e80615f43e67f699--im-tired-vw-forum.jpg.3805786c656faeba98c0fa53207b1a6b.jpg

I had Cragar slotted mags on my 68 Cougar XR7. Same tires and Air Shocks were big then. Man, when those shocks let go, it tore my nice TA's to shreds. :ack2:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Smith10 said:

Buddy of mine had a 67 Cougar. Beautiful blue. Loved that car. This is an internet pic. But his looked a lot like it.

67CougarBluRS.JPG

My friend also had a 67 Cougar SS 390 and 4 spd.  I drove it home for him when it was delivered.  The torque was incredible. 3rd gear up a ramp and not even a thought of lugging. I didn't tell him I did this.   Other friend drove a P1800 Volvo.

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Smith10 said:

Buddy of mine had a 67 Cougar. Beautiful blue. Loved that car. This is an internet pic. But his looked a lot like it.

67CougarBluRS.JPG

When I was in the Army, I had a chance to buy a 1968 Cougar for $200. The owner was transferring to a Germany and had to get rid of it quickly.  The car was beautiful, with a 351C engine & 4-speed on the floor, but it hadn't run in four months or so. The seller had purchased it not running from another guy who was also transferring out and he had no idea what was wrong with it. 

I was a bit leery of it and passed. A buddy of mine talked the owner down to $150 and bought it. Turned out that all it needed was a damned starter! Hell, even the sequential rear turn signals worked. I kicked myself in the ass for a while,  over that one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric said:

When I was in the Army, I had a chance to buy a 1968 Cougar for $200. The owner was transferring to a Germany and had to get rid of it quickly.  The car was beautiful, with a 351C engine & 4-speed on the floor, but it hadn't run in four months or so. The seller had purchased it not running from another guy who was also transferring out and he had no idea what was wrong with it. 

I was a bit leery of it and passed. A buddy of mine talked the owner down to $150 and bought it. Turned out that all it needed was a damned starter! Hell, even the sequential rear turn signals worked. I kicked myself in the ass for a while,  over that one. 

In my past, my BIL and I rebuilt insurance cars for a business.  I loved Mustangs and had around 7 or 8 of them in various drivetrains and models, 65 through 68. 

One bid period I passed on a 65 White Mustang with Blue stripes and Fiberglass accoutrements.  Rear Body damage no drive train problems.  I didn't know anything about an Aluminum quick change rear end, or a Shelby Mustang.  $175 salvage cost.  At the time I could put any conventional Mustang back on the road for $250 more than I paid for it including paint.  Later I left a lot of tears in the shop, thinking about that.  What an embarrassment.

Edited by janice6

On 9/3/2017 at 11:16 PM, Eric said:

Who remembers the sound and the smell of coffee brewing in a percolator? Do they even still make them?

https://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Classic-Stainless-Yosemite-Percolator/dp/B00005NCWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504665445&sr=8-1&keywords=percolator+coffee+pots

This one's beautiful. Now I want one :sigh:

I have one for camping but it's not nearly this pretty.

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 1