Who Remembers?

Eric

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Grabbrass said:

Anyone remember when Rerun got caught trying to make a bootleg of the Doobie Brothers?

"Which Doobie do you be?" Best line uttered in the whole series.:crylikeender:

Back in the 2000s, ReRun (From What's Happenin') got a lot of play in cameo scenes, in one of my favorite sitcoms of all time: Scrubs. He must have been on there a dozen times, in all. Jimmy Walker did a number of cameos on Scrubs as well.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Who remembers Andy Griffith's made-For-Tv movie and TV series called Salvage 1? It was basically about a guy that owned a big junkyard that built a rocket that he was able to pilot up into space. In the series, they rode the rocket all over and got into adventures. It was an incredibly lame premise for a TV series, but I was eleven or twelve back then. I loved it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvage_1

There was a scene in the movie, or in the series pilot episode, where Andy had a seat from an old Japanese Zero setting in front of him and he was trying to sell it to someone over the phone. He told the guy that the Zero the seat was from had been shot down, he excused himself from the call for a minute, pushed the mouthpiece into his chest, pulled a 1911 pistol, shot the seat and then continued with his sales pitch to the phone customer. I laughed my ass off when I saw that, when I was a kid. The show is probably campy as hell now, but it would be fun to watch it again, just for old time's sake. I need to see if it is on iTunes or Netflix.

• Like 2

• Administrators
Just now, G19Tony said:

Love the CB radio and the ignition key. The gear shift was a nice touch too. Looked like it was out of a Mustang. 

Just now, G19Tony said:

Love the CB radio and the ignition key. The gear shift was a nice touch too. Looked like it was out of a Mustang. 

It was a great old show. Pure seventies.

• Administrators

Here is an obscure one.....yet profound. 

Bob Denver.....yes, Gilligan and Maynard G Crebs, also gave Star Wars the concept of the Light Saber. (as the lore goes)

Denver stared in a pure 70's kitch show called "Far Out Space Nuts" (a Sid and Marty Croft  show)

This says 78....but it was 75, 

Denver is a janitor working on a space ship and hits "launch" then ends up having wacky adventures in space.  

pix_sabers2.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

Here is an obscure one.....yet profound. 

Bob Denver.....yes, Gilligan and Maynard G Crebs, also gave Star Wars the concept of the Light Saber. (as the lore goes)

Denver stared in a pure 70's kitch show called "Far Out Space Nuts" (a Sid and Marty Croft  show)

This says 78....but it was 75, 

Denver is a janitor working on a space ship and hits "launch" then ends up having wacky adventures in space.  

pix_sabers2.jpg

I watched it. Hell, I even watched The Lost Saucer with Ruth Buzzi and Jim Nabors.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I hate Hasselhoff like bitter poison.I hated him when I was a kid and I hate him now. I'll still hate him several weeks after I die. I really don't like the guy. Seriously. If I ever become president, I m going to have Hasselhoff deported, but not to Germany. They like him way too much over there. I'll send him to Ireland. A bunch of drunk Irishmen will be able to see through his bullshit and they won't be shy about whipping his ass, as needed.

• Like 1

Great thread!

Remember when Coke ran those promotions with football players on the underside of the bottle cap?  You collected all players on a team to fill out a "sheet".  Turn the completed sheets in and get great prizes. I grew up in San Diego so me and my friends were collecting caps for the Chargers team. 36 different bottle caps to complete one sheet. We drank Coke like it was going out of style in order to collect bottle caps. All that sugar didn't do much for our bellies or complexion LOL. 

I even got the idea to raid the Coke vending machines. They had an inside dispenser that held the discarded bottle caps. I took a magnet, attached some string, and was able to retrieve several bottle caps to add to my collection. 

Ultimately I was able to collect enough sheets to get a football, a Charger yearbook, and a poster of Lance Alworth making one of his patented aerobic catches. Great stuff back in the day!

Representative pic below.

IMG_5800.JPG

On September 3, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Eric said:

I love that. Remember what the transformer of an electric train set used to smell like, when it had been running a while?

I remember getting a three rail Lionel train set for Christmas.

Here's another one.

I remember later that same Christmas day getting yelled at by my mother because we were going to start a fire when I discovered that I could make sparks by tossing strands of lead tinsel from the tree across the rails while the train was running!

loved that train!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rabbi said:

Here is an obscure show.... There really was a trucker obsession in the late 70's early 80's.

Yes I remember that show.  My little brother tried to stab me with a carving knife because I switched the channel whenever it came on!

15 hours ago, Eric said:

I hate Hasselhoff like bitter poison.I hated him when I was a kid and I hate him now. I'll still hate him several weeks after I die. I really don't like the guy. Seriously. If I ever become president, I m going to have Hasselhoff deported, but not to Germany. They like him way too much over there. I'll send him to Ireland. A bunch of drunk Irishmen will be able to see through his bullshit and they won't be shy about whipping his ass, as needed.

We can get this guy to do the Holster ad campaign and save your dignity.  And yes, make it a pop-up! 

picHasselHoff-747711.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Booker said:

An ice cold soda in a glass bottle out of one of these vending machines.

ff1c0d3a488abe3374ff8f19cdac1dad--pepsi-cola-vending-machines.jpg

And if you were a sneaky little bastard, you carried a cup and a bottle opener and didn't have to pay 40 cents.

Of coarse, I was a little angel and always paid. :D

• Like 1