If you was stranded on a desert island...

gwalchmai

So this one might be a good choice.  

Zettels Traum 

1500 pages that can be used to wipe your butt, start fires, or whatever else you need.

This one is large enough to be used as a tent all by itself, and you could probably tear out a couple pages and fold them up into a pillow 

the Klencke Atlas

main-qimg-ec759fcbe23da04be7d0e23944d250cc-c

Last off would probably be John James Audubon’s Birds of America, because being worth something like 10 million dollars, it gives people a lot of incentive to come look for you.

Notable mention:  Someone spent 23 years compiling the Brazilian tax law into a single book.  It would provide a pretty good supply of paper for whatever you could possibly think up.

main-qimg-064b97b777a3ee596f89d1f709264965.webp

(and no, the guy is not a midget, the book is just that big (42,000 pages)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Notable mention:  Someone spent 23 years compiling the Brazilian tax law into a single book.  It would provide a pretty good supply of paper for whatever you could possibly think up.

main-qimg-064b97b777a3ee596f89d1f709264965.webp

(and no, the guy is not a midget, the book is just that big (42,000 pages)

I wonder how that compares to US tax code?

It wasn't a book but the best answer to the question "if you were stranded on a desert island, what would you want to have with you" was on GT.

The answer was - a Kardashian.

Logic - wherever there's a Kardashian, there's going to be TMZ.  And you can hitch a ride off the island with them.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

It wasn't a book but the best answer to the question "if you were stranded on a desert island, what would you want to have with you" was on GT.

Logic - wherever there's a Kardashian, there's going to be TMZ.  And you can hitch a ride off the island with them.

Would have to make sure the island was wide enough to accommodate them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

War And Peace to see if I would feel up to figuring out the Patronyms, familiar and formal name usage that pissed me off enough in the first few chapters to put it down. The use of Russian based slang in A Clockwork Orange was much easier to read. Maybe I was too lazy. 

For the other two books The Celestine Prophecy* and Delores Claiborne because they both sucked so horribly that I would not even waste my time trying to read either again and might  better figure out a way to get off the island as a result.

*Yeah I get it that reading that POS was an awful decision. In a moment of careless agreeability I told two co workers, who stated it was a good book, that I would read it if the one brought it in. For those of you who have had the good sense to not read it, DON'T! Because unless you are the sort of person that likes that Subaru commercial with the Marin County couple and the old blind hippie guru communing with whales you will hate yourself for the time wasted on that insipid turd of a book.

• gwalchmai changed the title to If you was stranded on a desert island...
22 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

16 hours ago, janice6 said:

Would have to make sure the island was wide enough to accommodate them.

Kim's butt might provide proof of Hank Johnson's concerns about an island capsizing - you'd probably want to keep her close to the center so as not to tempt fate and plate tectonics TOO much!

-Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1