Firearms You Regret Selling

Eric

• Administrators

So, what are some firearms you regret selling? Me, I am a bit of a dumbass when it comes to this. I don't remember how many times I've sold a gun for no good reason and then regretted it later. As I get older, I am getting better, in this respect, but there are a bunch of them that I wish I had back.

One that comes immediately to mind is my Kel-Tec PMR-30 pistol. It is a full-size .22 Magnum auto pistol. It have 30-round magazines that fit within the grips. That is a hell of a lot of bangs in one mag and the .22 Magnum is nothing to trifle with. That pistol was a lot of fun to fire. I can't for the life of me remember why I sold it. I'll get another one though, at some point.

PMR30_8297.jpg.e9ea3d2cc28acc89ae6fa2987baff447.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric said:

So, what are some firearms you regret selling? Me, I am a bit of a dumbass when it comes to this. I don't remember how many times I've sold a gun for no good reason and then regretted it later. As I get older, I am getting better, in this respect, but there are a bunch of them that I wish I had back.

One that comes immediately to mind is my Kel-Tec PMR-30 pistol. It is a full-size .22 Magnum auto pistol. It have 30-round magazines that fit within the grips. That is a hell of a lot of bangs in one mag and the .22 Magnum is nothing to trifle with. That pistol was a lot of fun to fire. I can't for the life of me remember why I sold it. I'll get another one though, at some point.

I just bought one of those recently in FDE. I shot it last weekend as a matter of fact. What a hoot that thing is to shoot. Like you said, 30 rounds of .22 mag is a lot of bang with a hot little round. I find its finicky with ammo, though. Mine likes 40 Speer Gold Dots. I've gone through 300 rounds of that without one FTF or FTE. Anyway, one hell of a great handgun.

• Thanks 1

My first hunting rifle, a Mossberg 800b in .243win.

I harvested deer and antelope with it...cheap rifle, but seriously accurate.

When Dad and I first sighted in with it, I shot three rounds in a cloverleaf 12:00 ten ring on 100yrd target. Never forgot that.

Regret selling my first revolver too, a Taurus 66 .357mag which had a trigger job and spring kit- actually a very nice trigger. Good revolver.

I made a KILLING selling my M1 Garands, I mean, heck, I wish my stock investments would return 50% in as short a time, but...with I would have kept one.

Other than that, nope, don't care at all about what I've sold. If I want another, I'll replace it.

Okay, seriously - I've only sold when I've needed the cash:

A 20 gauge Remington 870 Wingmaster that I bought when I was ~13.

A .357 4" barrel Ruger GP100, my first hand gun.

A Bond Arms 3" barrel 410/Colt 45. A really cool well build derringer that when empty and cupped in the fist was still a dangerous weapon.

That was all years ago and within a short time frame. Was during somewhat of a period of poor decision making. Also, one of life's great learning experiences.

Edited by *OldSchool*

In the early 70s I had a Browning Hi Power- Wanted something else so I sold it.

A while later I regretted selling the Hi Power and I bought a new one.

A year or so later I sold that.... Insanity!

Then in the mid 70s I had a 2 1/2 inch Python. Had it about a year and sold it.

Regretted selling that so I bought another 2 1/2 Python. A year or so later I sold that Double regret!

Bought a new S&W 25-5 (45 Long Colt). Had that about 2 years and sold that! Regret once again came calling!

In the 80s Bought a new Rugar M77, 25-06 3X9 Redfield wide angle low profile. Sold it. Regretted it a few years later.

During the same time I had a new Remington 1100, 30 inch barrel, ventilated rib. Had that a few years sold it and regretted that.

Late 80s, bought a Norinco AKS, folding stock. I paid somewhere around $200.00 for it. A guy offered me $800.00 for it and I sold it without ever shooting it. Nice money but regretted selling the AKS.

If I think about this more I could probably go on...

• Thanks 1

Don't think regret is the right word but I'd like to get the following back:

Ruger #1 220 Swift

Ruger #1 223

S&W 696 44 SPL

S&W 24 44 SPL

S&W 1955 45 acp

S&W 27 357

STI Edge 

Edited by ede

Of all the guns I have sold or traded over the years, the only 2 I regret selling are a Ruger No. 1A in 7x57, and a pre-war Winchester Model 94.The Ruger went to pay lawyer fees, and I sold the Winchester to buy a Kimber 1911. It was a huge mistake.

Oddly enough, the only one I sometimes wish I hadn't sold is this one:

59b1dd929585a_AMT.45Backup.jpg.b96759971d7d9644e193ff733321c846.jpg

AMT .45 Backup

A horrible, clunky thing with a 73 lb. trigger and a trigger pin that regularly walked out.  But I successfully qualified with it and it was my daily back-up.

I sorta almost miss it.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 10:39 PM, Eric said:

Someone at Kel-Tec must be saying "really, is that as ugly as you can make it?  Are you sure?"  Did they hire a designer fired from Hi-Point?

I've sold a G27, G24, G21, G19, G17, and a no-name shotgun.

I regret selling the .40s.  I sold them long before I got into reloading.  I could have made them more economical and more pleasant shooting.  The 24 was a Gen2 though...and I never did like that generation frame.