Firearms You Regret Selling

Eric

The one most on my mind was a nice Browning BDA (Sig P220) .45 back in the day. I sold it and bought a brand new S&W 4006 .40, the new kid on the block at the time. Big mistake times two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ruger no. 1 Tropical in .458 WinMag-i loved that rifle it kicked like a mule and was heavy as hell,but it was a solid flat shooter that hit whatever i aimed at with iron sights.

Colt Gold Cup series 70 that was one of the first with the flared ejection port and would eat anything i fed it it was a carry gun because it was super accurate and shot anything i put in it.

In a fit of stupidity about 30 years ago, I sold my Dan Wesson 152VH Pistol Pack complete w/2 1/2", 4", 6" and 8" barrels, DW belt buckle, target grip, combat grip, drilled block of wood to make your own grip and case. It was one of the two most accurate handguns I have ever owned and I could shoot cloverleafs with both at 25 yards on a fairly consistent basis. I have since forgotten what possessed me to sell that gun but I still miss it. Oh, Lord, the dumb things we do.

• Like 2

All of them. The particular models can be replaced, but I will not sell another gun again. 

Edit to add: I bought one that I did not take possession of. My brother needed money and was selling a stainless with wood stock Ruger 7mm mag. I gave him the money, but let him keep the rifle. You know what happened...

Edited by Glockman97420
Added to post

The worst gun regret I had was selling my P7PSP to my younger brother. My younger brother is a good guy and too smart to get rid of the P7. So I live 16 years or so without one. In 2007 I bought a B Grade police trade in dated September 87 and bought 7 extra magazines when they were cheap so that regret is no more as I am happy that my brother still has and likes his P7. I have only taken my current P7PSP shooting about six times in the last 11 years but I really like having it.

• Like 1

I had a Rossi  12 gauge side by side Coach Gun w/20" barrels and external hammers back in the 1980s. The Brazilian Walnut stock was beautiful  and it was a great little shooter. I got hard up and sold it and can't find a side by side Coach Gun with external hammers since.

Sold couple recently but no regrets, a Ruger Buckeye 10mm/38-40 unfired I paid $400 and sold for $1100 to buy a Sig Ledion 226. Then sold a Ruger Old Army unfired bought for <$300 and sold for 650 to pick up a used Sig229.

Regrets were when I was young and ignorant. Bought 2 1911s in separate garage sales around 1967 for $40 each. Young engineer working for me wanted one so sold Govt size for $40 and kid brother liked the other, Colt Commander (super accurate, BIL was master shooter and could group a mag <2"@25 yards). Kid brother was suppose to give me dibs if he ever sold (he forgot). The govt 1911?, happened to be a Remington Rand but I had no clue about stuff like that pre 1970's.

Did not sell another gun for 47+ years.

The Colt 1908 hammerless that I inherited from my father-in-law. My wife didn't want me to sell it, and we didn't need the money, but I put a set of original grips on it and sold it. Wish I hadn't.

right side.gif

Edited by OldDad
  • Sad 1

I've never owned any guns nice enough to regret selling.  Ha, suckers!  

But maybe someday, when my property taxes aren't milking me dry, I'll be able to have nice things, and think back to this thread, and it will prevent me from doing something I will regret.  (See, I made a positive out of a negative. Kind of.)

I have two.

• A Ruger MKII Competition Target model I bought in 1993 as a graduation present to myself. Unfortunately, I had to sell it to help pay-off debt that my ex-fiancee left me with. Happily, I was able to replace it with another from the same year of production last year.
  • A Smith & Wesson 4516-1 (US Marshall's Bicentennial) that I bought as a carry pistol. That was a great shooting little .45 that ran absolutely everything I fed it and was an ideal carry model. I still regret having to sell it but, in order to stay employed, I had to relocate and sold it to fund the move.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:55 AM, jmohme said:

I didn't sell it but my Ruger Mk1 was in my house when it burned to the ground.

It was a bicentennial issue bull barrel with walnut grips. It still makes me sick to think about it.

Ouch!

Only one gun I truly regret selling was an HK 91 i purchased in 1986. Paid a little over $600 dollars for it new. Being young and dumb I ended up selling it for a down payment on a used Ford Ranger a couple of years later, a month or so before Bush's semi auto import ban. 

Edited by John Galt

Rossi Model 88 5 shot .38 special with 3" barrel. A friend was moving to a big city & wanted a gun for protection, so I sold it to her. I wasn't using it at the time & it was just collecting dust,   It was a good little gun, wish I still had it.

Ruger P91DC.  Stupid accurate and built like a tank.  Ruger P89X (9mm/30Luger).  Both were sold to a friend that still has them.  And he won't budge on either.  S&W Shorty 40.  S&W 5906 TSW.  Both sold because I was offered way more than they were worth.