Firearms You Regret Selling

Eric

The only regret that I have, is selling my Colt Combat Commander.
I bought it for a very good price, in 1985.

It had been 'tightened up' and had a Gold Cup (long) trigger put in it, a sweeeeet action job that gave a 3.5 lb CRISP trigger pull.
A S&W K-Frame rear sight was 'let' into the slide, along with a K-Frame red ramp front sight installed.
It looked like the "old school" 1911(s).

A good friend of mine just had to have this pistol, and like a fool.......................................  I sold it to him.

• 4 weeks later...

I miss my Old model Ruger Blackhawk 30 carbine first year manufacture 3 digit serial number. It wasn't in very good condition but it would have been worthwhile re-bluing and getting a steel grip frame and ejector rod housing for it, and maybe even installing a 9 inch barrel now that I know a gunsmith who can do all those things for a reasonable price.

I bought that gun back in the late 70's when 30 carbine Mil-surp ammo was still available for reasonable prices. I even found a box of Orange tip military ammo which turned out to have a steel penetrator in the middle of the lead core.

The other handgun I regret selling was a Ruger Speed six 357 magnum with a 2 1/2 inch barrel. I bobbed the hammer on it and my brother did a real nice action job on it using a Wolff spring kit and polishing and trueing up the surfaces of the trigger, hammer, and sear. I don't really like the new SP101's of the GP100s but I loved that little sped six which was the fixed sight version of the Security six.

• 3 weeks later...

I regret selling my G26.  Bought it used in 2006 or so and sold it a few years later to fund another pistol purchase.  At the time, I had a G19 and a Kahr PM9.  The Kahr was so dang small I carried it more than the G26.  The G26 was always a belt holster pistol for me, so anytime I could carry the G26 I could also have carried the G19.  So, off it went.

Thing is, I shot the G26 more accurately than any pistol I have owned.  :dunno:

• Like 1