Random Posting

Eric

9 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Seriously, these "features" are replicating human control of the vehicle, but if there's a crash & burn session it's the drivers fault for not paying attention! If the driver must pay attention then there's no need for the robo-controls. NOW, if the car will run down to the corner store to fetch a 6 pack and a sammich, now you've got something useful.

When I was young, adults used neighborhood little kids to do that, then the kids got to keep the change for "treats". 

How else do you get money into the hands of young grade schoolers...  It was a good system.  You performed a service and received a reward for your efforts.

• Like 4

So, I saw a bunch of commercials for weight loss products and it got me to pondering, which we all know is dangerous.

If the claims are true, the average person will lose one to two pounds per week.

Given a person weighing 200 pounds and using the upper limit number, in 100 weeks, that person will weight zero pounds.

The week after, they will weigh minus two pounds.

The thing that I need to wonder is, if you get to a negative weight, do you turn into anti-matter?

:headscratch:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tous said:

So, I saw a bunch of commercials for weight loss products and it got me to pondering, which we all know is dangerous.

If the claims are true, the average person will lose one to two pounds per week.

Given a person weighing 200 pounds and using the upper limit number, in 100 weeks, that person will weight zero pounds.

The thing that I need to wonder is, if you get to a negative weight, do you turn into anti-matter?

You might need to slide rule on this but I'm going with bone marrow flavored to taste to slow the negative effect. Now if you factor in a time-warp congestive flexometer argument, there is a reasonable error variable of +/- .3 % but only if you round down with a digital calculator. I got stumped when carrying the difference to a second abacus with .100th decimal being audible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tous said:

Yes!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tous said:

Another name for this type of  anti matter, when it's a member of the family resulting from marriage, is called, "The In-Laws".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tous said:

I ponder these things before my nap so that you won't have to.

No need to  thank me.

I am honored to serve.

Leaves y'all more time for bacon.

You're the tops!  Without you we wouldn't have any reason to question our existence.  Sleep well, we will accept the task of the ruination of society while you slumber.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.60847fc43fc2467cb19c0418ffb308de.png

What a coincidence.  I'm waiting for a fresh batch of Chocolate Chip cookies to cool so I can have breakfast of cookies and a hot cup of Coffee!

I'd invite you all over for breakfast but then I wouldn't get any...…...……..  cookies.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2020 at 5:55 PM, Eric said:

Reminds me of one of my business trips to Panama City, FLA.  I got done working late at night and wandered to an all night bar.  I got a beer and sat down just as everybody in the place decided to do "clogging" all in synch.

It was fun to experience.  It was like when I was in High School and I would drive to a little town outside of my home town and visit a beer hall in the middle of nowhere.

Everybody would get a good buzz on and then they would all schottische in a circle around the hall, in synch.  You could feel the building move.  What a great time it was!

• Like 4

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic