Random Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

And often the other members of your party line group would also pick it up. 

I have a sister.

From the age of thirteen until she went off to college our phone was not available to mere brothers or parents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, tous said:

I have a sister.

From the age of thirteen until she went off to college our phone was not available to mere brothers or parents.

Dirty parental trick - add extension phone in another room. May not get to use the line any more, but enjoyment will still increase. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tous said:

I have a sister.

I had three!  I finally got to use the phone when I figured out how to tap the box that entered the house.  I used a Carbon microphone and Earphones in series across the line.  As soon as I clipped them on the operator would say, "Number please!".

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Cool story time:

not far from us is an old fashioned trailer park. One (at least) of the residents has an active meth lab, but the cops never found it. Until he had a fender bender that wasn’t even his fault.......he had the meth lab in the trunk.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

AD53C54A-6E8E-4A24-B376-E200B8AFC669.jpeg.fa9fa48c85986699c9699ea15c303d41.jpeg

Rumor says,  that every time KISS played Beth,  Gene Simmons walked off stage,  not so it could be a solo,  but he detested it so much that he wouldn't even be associated with it.

It was just a song that Criss had written.  Nothing more.  Definitely not KISS material.  Then a producer heard it and insisted that they put it on an album.  Gene refused to play it.  The producer won.

It is still their highest charting US single.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Rumor says,  that every time KISS played Beth,  Gene Simmons walked off stage,  not so it could be a solo,  but he detested it so much that he wouldn't even be associated with it.

It was just a song that Criss had written.  Nothing more.  Definitely not KISS material.  Then a producer heard it and insisted that they put it on an album.  Gene refused to play it.  The producer won.

It is still their highest charting US single.

Simmons was in the music video. The times I saw them live was post Criss, and I never saw them do it on stage.

seems like a Simmons thing all right

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic