Random Posting

Eric

14 hours ago, janice6 said:

For a while, I gave my wife Red Roses on our anniversary,  One for each year we have been married.  One year I gave her 14 Red Roses and she exclaimed, you are wrong, we have been married for 16 years.

I calmly told her the 14 Red Roses were for the 14 years.  The other two I didn't even want to talk about.

That was a long time ago...…………….

Whenever I am asked how long I've been married I answer, "Slightly more than 30....but they feel like 50!"

These days I only get a slight roll of the eyes from her...

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ricordo said:

Whenever I am asked how long I've been married I answer, "Slightly more than 30....but they feel like 50!"

These days I only get a slight roll of the eyes from her...

They do get numb to our comments as time goes by.  My answer when someone asks how long we have been married is, "It seems like forever".

But as your wife does, my wife tells them how well I treat her, and she puts up with my smart ass remarks.

Once in a great while, the apparent quip I throw out has some basis in fact, however at this point in our lives, nothing is worth getting very upset about. 

Death is closer than any other complaint I, or she, might have, so it's a matter of priorities.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, janice6 said:

They do get numb to our comments as time goes by.  My answer when someone asks how long we have been married is, "It seems like forever".

But as your wife does, my wife tells them how well I treat her, and she puts up with my smart ass remarks.

Once in a great while, the apparent quip I throw out has some basis in fact, however at this point in our lives, nothing is worth getting very upset about. 

Death is closer than any other complaint I, or she, might have, so it's a matter of priorities.

I have changed. In that quite a few years ago I realized that I needed to savor every moment spent with friends and family as if it were the last.

My father died more than 40 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tous said:

I would just like to remind you that I am a licensed, professional  obfuscator.

Y'all others are just amateurs.

:biggrin:

You serve a critical purpose in life.  Life is actually quite simple.  But many cover their lack of willingness to accept the responsibility for making it more difficult, instead of doing what they subconsciously know is the right thing to do, people make up excuses for their lack of decisiveness. 

They come up with all kinds of complications that place any rationale for their predicament on someone, or something else.  Thus relieving them of the responsibility for the decision they should have made, but didn't want to  in the first place.

An obfuscator then comes along and vindicates them with a convoluted explanation they barely understand, if at all, for their present predicament.   But it does make them feel good that they didn't do what had to be done at the time they should have done it.

You serve a admirable purpose in life by giving meaning to those who have none.

KUDO's to you for helping humanity misunderstand their purpose.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

I have changed. In that quite a few years ago I realized that I needed to savor every moment spent with friends and family as if it were the last.

My father died more than 40 years ago.

I thought I was being smart when I married at a young age.  I told my wife that I wanted to be able to grow up with my children, so I could enjoy them for the greatest length of time.

What I forgot is that now, my children are entering retirement also.  I was so dumb that I never thought that I might have to see them go through the pains and afflictions of aging, that I am presently experiencing.

Now, my greatest fear is that one of them will have to suffer from the many difficulties of old age, and I will be around to see it.  Worse yet, this is the time statisticians start talking about infant mortality, that is the unpredictable loss of persons before their statistical life time. 

Worse yet, I hope I don't have to live through losing one of my children, simply because I chose to be with them for as long as I could.  I am worried that I made a terrible decision back then.  I can't imagine a worse thing than to be around for the demise of my child.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I hope I don't have to live through losing one of my children, simply because I chose to be with them for as long as I could.  I am worried that I made a terrible decision back then.  I can't imagine a worse thing than to be around for the demise of my child.

Kindly (to yourself) think again about this. There are things in life that we have absolutely no control over. Some call that fate. We can only hope to be responsible for the things that we can control. Choices are by definition intractable.

For example, I load my PPS with Norma MHP---  https://www.norma-ammunition.com/us/Our-Products/Our-Brands/Norma-MHP/

Just in case that some day studies might show that aggressors of those I hold near and dear suffer from a copper deficiency due to malnutrition. I aim to please.

We can only do the best we can. Everything else is fortuitous. And so forth...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic