Random Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

article-3012-art5ba14bc06d381.jpg

V is for Violent Bigotry

This is very similar to the “One” symbol, but doubly racist because it is two fingers instead of one. Some people think this means “peace” or “two,” but they are probably secret racists.

I never knew the Cub Scouts were a racist organization.

Cub_Scout_Sign.jpg

Dammit - nobody tells me anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know we have some shift(y?) workers here. Studies and my own experience have proven that day shift is best. Working nights is bad for you, rotating shifts is worse yet. 12 hour shifts have been proven detrimental to nurses and patient care, but I would never work 5 days/week, few if any front line nurses will do 5 days/week. 3 twelves is much better than 5 - 8 hour shifts in healthcare. Preaching to the choir over.

coffee fb.jpg

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

The dog just walked in, right next to my office chair,  turned around,  arched down,  like a scratching cat, and farted directly at me.

Then she trotted out,  without looking back.

Not sure what that's all about.

America!  Freedom of expression!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DrB said:

Horsepower rating per chance ????  I may need to upgrade.... 

Honestly, I don't remember.  I would think about 1/2 or one at the most.

speed changes are with belt and pulleys.  Wife would be more pleased with a Kitchen Aide.

Serious side note, It works great with a 3" drum sander for sharpening mower blades.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

I don't mind having valid excuses to get me out of doing work, but getting stung in the face by multiple yellow jackets is not one of my preferred excuses.  

Left eye is swollen shut now, 2 stings above that eye and one a little below it on the cheek.  

As soon as I got stung I went home and got benedryl in me, as I know I react to them.  Took about 30 minutes for the eye to swell shut, the rest of my day is pretty well shot.  

So 13 hours later left eye is halfway or more open, but still a bit of swelling around it.  Only took about 6 or 7 hours after getting stung for the swelling to start going down.

I already know I'll probably be near useless tomorrow as well, because diphenhydramine hcl does that to me, even with just 25mg.  I took 100mg total throughout the day, so I'll be feeling it.  Mostly just tired and can't be bothered to do anything feeling.

We're going to wait until it freezes to go get the rest of the firewood.  It's part of a maple tree that fell on the neighbor's property, but not anything critical to move, so he's fine with us waiting til the yellow jackets are frozen and dead.

I also got stung down low on the right side after I got home by one that got itself stuck in my clothing, and had at least one or two buzzing around in the truck with me for the drive (next door neighbor, but probably about 1/3 of a mile from my house to the downed maple).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic