Random Posting

Eric

13 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

My favorite John Wayne quote was in (IIRC) 1968 when a TV reporter asked him as he was boarding a plane what he thought of the new gun control legislation.

He said "Nobody's taking away my guns", and walked up the ladder.

In America when you have enough money, it's true.  Nobody takes away your guns.

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Just got a new holster for the Walter PPS M2. I’ve been using an Alien Gear that I like a lot but I wanted something with one clip and thinner. Easy on, easy off.

swede, single clip. Doing the zip lock bag thing for a day to fit it

8EA37F93-58A6-437E-8FE8-18F564E7D472.thumb.jpeg.435dc3fe69c1c519d51f20707d7e4c10.jpeg

That is an effective way to get it done. It always amazes me that something as thin as a plastic baggy can stretch a leather holster enough to loosen up the fit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Eric said:

That is an effective way to get it done. It always amazes me that something as thin as a plastic baggy can stretch a leather holster enough to loosen up the fit. 

Makes it “just right”

easy enough to draw, the thumb snap didn’t want to meet up and was really hard to release.

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, Dric902 said:

Makes it “just right”

easy enough to draw, the thumb snap didn’t want to meet up and was really hard to release.

I’ve been carrying in the same Kramer holster for twenty years. Once it gets just right, it stays that way. To this day, it brings a smile to my face just about every time I draw or holster my pistol and feel how well it fits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

I’ve been carrying in the same Kramer holster for twenty years. Once it gets just right, it stays that way. To this day, it brings a smile to my face just about every time I draw or holster my pistol and feel how well it fits. 

I have an Alien gear IWB holster for my G41 and I get the same feeling.  I have had other good holsters, but occasionally they needed belt hook replacement. 

This one is quite sturdy and has worked well for years.  I carry every moment I'm out of bed, so they get a workout.

I like large firearms and it's a load on some IWB holsters.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eric said:

They should have left it there.

Not Cadillac's best effort.

Yeah, let's have the bodies manufactured in Italy and then ship them to Detroit.

That'll save costs.

The only value in that automobile is that it is fairly rare.

Then didn't make many of them, sold even less.

At least it isn't orange.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, tous said:

They should have left it there.

Not Cadillac's best effort.

Yeah, let's have the bodies manufactured in Italy and then ship them to Detroit.

That'll save costs.

The only value in that automobile is that it is fairly rare.

Then didn't make many of them, sold even less.

At least it isn't orange.

They were trying to break out of the box. Perhaps it was an untenable manufacturing arrangement, but it was an interesting car. It was a time when the auto industry was trying new things, like the Buick Reatta and the Chrysler TC.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic