Random Posting

Eric

When we were little,  my friend and I found ourselves at the top of a very steep road and we happened to be pulling one of those heavy-duty Radio wagons.

No one in their right mind pulls a wagon down a steep hill.  We both got in it and let 'er rip!

Those things are notoriously hard to steer at high speeds but i kept it in the exact middle of the street.  Where the manhole cover was.

This was a "stake-bed" wagon,  with the sides removed.  And we had neglected to take into account that there were solid mounting brackets along the sides.  And we had neglected to realize that the manhole was set several inches below the asphalt.  Deep enough to bring the wagon to a dead halt.

So...  the wagon instantly stopping,  while our bodies continued on at warp speed,  produced magnificent gashes on the insides of our thighs.

And we didn't do that any more.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.a74aba6fbc60ff9968965d4f0c80c8c7.png

I read a thing that I always try to do now:  When a coffee or fast food place asks,  "Name?";    I say, "Let's call it Bob."

(Mom and Dad had cows.  They were named "Big Mac" and "Arby" and "Whata"  and "King".....)

"Well, gee, this is a beautiful unspoiled view of nature, lets put up some butt ugly living glass and metal monstrosities to live in so we can admire the splendid, unmolested view of nature from them."

Until the rockslide...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

"Well, gee, this is a beautiful unspoiled view of nature, lets put up some butt ugly living glass and metal monstrosities to live in so we can admire the splendid, unmolested view of nature from them."

It’s a hotel

3 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

It’s a hotel

Doesn't mean it isn't an eyesore to anyone looking that direction.

Reminds me of the Columbia River.  There are building laws that restrict size on houses built along the river so as to not greatly affect the scenery.  I think it's restricted to 1 story buildings.  Someone managed to sneak in a "1 story" house with a full daylight basement and a very high peak.  Argued that it was so that they would have a nice view.  Only issue is it ruins the view for everyone else along that stretch because it sticks out like an eyesore.

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

CE42C7FD-8E2D-42D1-84CD-789CA994C8A0.jpeg.29a9b311f7f1bb461accf0224ac0a2fe.jpeg

I recently saw one of those signs at a beer place.  It said:

The Top Ten Most Naturally Aggressive Dog Breeds:

10)  No
9)    Dogs
8)    Are
7)    Born
6)    Naturally
5)    Aggressive.
4)    The
3)    Owners