Random Posting

Eric

18 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Nice kitty, kitty.

278328646_Acatisacatisacat....7.jpeg.cea599f82a23fc293da184518913c6ad.jpeg

"If I fits, I sits."

Awww......what a sweet kitty!  I just wanna hug it and love it and pet it and hope to hell it doesn't have me for dinner..........

(the difference between THAT and your average housecat is when that thing decides to eat you - he can actually DO IT!

16 hours ago, racerford said:

The public was made to believe that Pintos burst into flames everyday, many times a day for no reason at all.  The reality was much different. Out of the 2.2 million cars that were produced in the period, there were about 27 deaths and a couple hundred injuries related to fires.  so about 1 in 100,000. Not exactly common. I am not saying Ford did not screw up. They did, it was an easy fix that could have been a quick running change especial the tank bladder, or the plastic differential plates. Like many thinks things get blown way out of proportion.

Kinda like the Explorer blow outs and rollovers. It seems if you maintained safe speeds for conditions, maintained safe tire pressures and tread, and drove it like the high center of gravity vehicle it is, you didn't have problems. Had one for years, never had a blow-out or a rollover.  I must have gotten a special one, as the press lead you to believe that they all did it, every single day. If you rode in an explorer, you were a dead man walking.

I get the joke of the picture, but the flames should have been more upwards licking rather like you were driving backwards at 60mph on fire. If you are going to do a joke, make sure you execute it well.

I did some reading up on this.  Apparently the Pinto's design wasn't all that different from other car manufacturers' subcompact cars of the time and many Ford products shared a similar design.  Where Ford screwed the pooch was in how the handled the issue in the media and with the government.  Once it became apparent they should have implemented the fix quietly on the new production.  Call it whatever you want but get the parts in there.

I think the original Mustang's trunk floor was also the top of the fuel tank - and that is not good.  

13 hours ago, janice6 said:

The Corvair took the rap for swing axels too, in spite of the fact that the VW had the same suspension and nothing was said about it.

Crap happens.

Didn't Nader also call the VW Beetle a death trap or dangerous or some damn thing?

I know both the Corvair and the VW had to have very close attention paid to tire pressures.

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

bq-5c2d69dfce122.jpeg

bq-5c2d6a6967ceb.jpeg

What gun is that?  Nice rig though.

3 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

"If I fits, I sits."

Awww......what a sweet kitty!  I just wanna hug it and love it and pet it and hope to hell it doesn't have me for dinner..........

(the difference between THAT and your average housecat is when that thing decides to eat you - he can actually DO IT!

I did some reading up on this.  Apparently the Pinto's design wasn't all that different from other car manufacturers' subcompact cars of the time and many Ford products shared a similar design.  Where Ford screwed the pooch was in how the handled the issue in the media and with the government.  Once it became apparent they should have implemented the fix quietly on the new production.  Call it whatever you want but get the parts in there.

I think the original Mustang's trunk floor was also the top of the fuel tank - and that is not good.  

Didn't Nader also call the VW Beetle a death trap or dangerous or some damn thing?

I know both the Corvair and the VW had to have very close attention paid to tire pressures.

What gun is that?  Nice rig though.

Nader may have mentioned the VW, but he crucified the Corvair.  I believe it went beyond just safety and had some connection to his being ignored by GM early in his career, when he approached them for a study he was doing and they wouldn't cooperate.

• Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic