Random Posting

Eric

Yeah, so this is why I don't hang out in public spaces with some of my friends...

From his facecrook feed.

Shhhhhiiiiitttt...... 😑
I left my wallet 2 towns away and went to buy some Apple Juice and Mango juice and had no money. (Yes I'm a giant f***ing child)
Me: f*** I left my wallet at home 45mins away.
Clerk: I can buy it for you.
Me: Naw I really appreciate it though. I'll get some money.
5 mins later I return with a $20 bill. From my friend down the road.
Her: where did you find $20????
Me: I'm lucky you guys are on such a busy corner. I made that **** quick! 🤣
I hope this makes up for telling my GF that her sister met her husband on incestry .com. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

1111007533_240414584_320285583184077_3920425406766597082_n(1).jpg.d2f82d5088179e617c6a130eacc9c7eb.jpg

I pass by this old mailbox several times a week. The old rusty box is nailed to an oak that has to be at least 150 years old.

Yesterday I decided to open the box to see if anything was inside. There isn’t even a house nearby to which it could possibly serve anyway - any home it serviced was long ago torn down.

I noticed a very old letter inside as you can see in picture. I looked at the post mark date and it said July 7, 1903.

Due to age and moisture the addressee on the envelope was not readable, so I opened up the envelope hoping to find some local history and a good story. Here is what the letter inside said.

“We have been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.”

Borrowed from the Off Road Podcast.

• Haha 3

Same guy as a couple posts earlier:

Went to Lowe's.... I had to choose my words wisely. 10/10
Me to the Lowe's girl: Hey so not trying to hit on you so..... Do you have caulk condoms? 😇
Her: D..wha???
Me: Caulk condoms. Me holds up NP1 and a caulk gun. It's a cap but made out of rubber instead of plastic. Rubbers are better.
Her OMG! 🤣 I don't even know how to look that up.
Me: Well I can tell you exactly how not to look it up if that helps.
Her: Oh God could you imagine some one looking at my search history! Could you use like those finger condoms?
Me: Oh I guess I could. I have a lot of those finger condoms at home being that I'm Asian and all. But the actual rubbers are better. It keeps the caulk moist and prevents it from drying up.
Her: Now dying in the isle.
Me: Welp thanks for the help. You won't be forgetting me today. Scurries off into the sunset of isle 52 to molest the lumber supplies.
  • Haha 1

Meow Cow had a series of unfortunate events occur today. I walked into the bedroom to get my snuggles in. I must have startled the little cow as he was grazing. Causing him to seek refuge under our California King sized bed. Failing to realize his first blunder in a series of mistakes. He has not yet figured out I being a Marine, have received a period of instruction in rack flipping. He also seriously underestimated my motivation for fluffy cuddlies.
As the bed entered flight before its trajectory was abruptly halted by an impact with the ceiling. I could see my little black and white query running confused/desperate circles on the floor. Apparently dismayed by the realization of my actions being a new normal addition to him seeking protection from capture in his abundant fortress of solitude under the bed.
I am happy to report that the confused SNK (Said Named Kitty) was captured without further incident and was sequestered into my custody for a minimum of 20 minutes of snuggle wuggles.
-------------------------- End Report ---------------------------
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

241197262_10158134120565685_2784180312012825923_n.jpg

That is insane. That means most Americans will get reported to the IRS every payday. I will be calling my Congressmen and Senators. My wife works for a community bank and she was upset to hear this. The bank she works for requires all transactions over $9,999 to be reported. IF you make more than 2 transactions over $3,000 that also puts you on a notification list as 'suspicious' activity. She said she 'thought' that her bank actually is required to report to the FED instead of the IRS. But she's not involved with that part of the banking process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

That is insane. That means most Americans will get reported to the IRS every payday. I will be calling my Congressmen and Senators. My wife works for a community bank and she was upset to hear this. The bank she works for requires all transactions over $9,999 to be reported. IF you make more than 2 transactions over $3,000 that also puts you on a notification list as 'suspicious' activity. She said she 'thought' that her bank actually is required to report to the FED instead of the IRS. But she's not involved with that part of the banking process.

Good news.  That story seems to be...half true and half false.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/irswatch/2021/04/28/banks-will-be-required-to-report-account-balances-account-outflows-and-inflows-to-irs-under-new-biden-plan/

At best, as it from what I've read, the $600 limit will be focused on 1099 contractors.    It used to be if you made under a certain amount your business was considered a hobby and not hit hard by taxes (if at all).  I think they changed that so  now you have to report $20.

Now they are looking for people making small not reported transactions.  My bet is this is going to hit small food truck owners and the like.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/its-going-to-get-harder-to-avoid-telling-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html

Looks that story is a mix of stories.

The $10,000 has been around since the early 80s as a water mark for review for money laundering.   Most of the time the IRS looks at it says..oh nice...down payment on a truck or something and drives on (pun intended). 

Now if you drop $50K on a house...they might want to make sure that money didn't flow in such a way as to be illegal or not-taxed.  Either of these two are pretty standard examples.

So if you pull out $600 from a regular checking account for a wild weekend in Vegas...the IRS isn't going to care as that's not a taxable transaction but your wife will be interested.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1