Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

6 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie

This ’51 Woodie was under construction when Dennis Varni made the winning bid for it at the auction of the late Joe MacPherson's prized collection. It had already been transformed from a sedan to a fastback and was already a woodie. The top was chopped 2-1/2 inches, and the rear fenders were stretched 18 inches and treated to custom taillight lenses and bezels and '37 Ford headlights were installed.
A Ford 427 FE engine is fed by a Propulsion Development Laboratories mechanical injection to work with a Hilborn electronic system hidden under the manifold. Edelbrock cylinder heads are topped with Edsel valve covers. The new combination produced 410 hp on the dyno. An adapter fits the Ford to a GM 700-R4 transmission.
Custom built bucket seats were covered in tan leather with gray-toned fur inserts. Redline Gauge Works restored the appearance of the factory gauges and updated the internals. A reproduction '54 Stude steering wheel was installed with a wood grain paint.

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 1.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 2.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 3.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 4.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 5.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 6.jpg

Ausgezeichnet 

• Like 4

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I think he's asking about the battery in the 1970 Holden Torana GTR-X Concept which does not appear to be connected ...

1970 Holden-Torana_GTR-X_Concept.jpg

It's probably a non-runner. It gets trailered everywhere and pushed where it needs to go. Museums are full of them. Even with the cars in running condition, at the car museum my parents used to run, battery cables were never left hooked up, if the car had a battery in it at all.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie

This ’51 Woodie was under construction when Dennis Varni made the winning bid for it at the auction of the late Joe MacPherson's prized collection. It had already been transformed from a sedan to a fastback and was already a woodie. The top was chopped 2-1/2 inches, and the rear fenders were stretched 18 inches and treated to custom taillight lenses and bezels and '37 Ford headlights were installed.
A Ford 427 FE engine is fed by a Propulsion Development Laboratories mechanical injection to work with a Hilborn electronic system hidden under the manifold. Edelbrock cylinder heads are topped with Edsel valve covers. The new combination produced 410 hp on the dyno. An adapter fits the Ford to a GM 700-R4 transmission.
Custom built bucket seats were covered in tan leather with gray-toned fur inserts. Redline Gauge Works restored the appearance of the factory gauges and updated the internals. A reproduction '54 Stude steering wheel was installed with a wood grain paint.

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 1.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 2.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 3.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 4.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 5.jpg

1951 Fastback Studebaker Woodie - 6.jpg

We need an "I lust for Thee!" smiley. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I hate it that everybody is going EV or Hybrid.
The new Corvette Hybrid E-Ray for 2024. The E-Ray will get the 6.2-liter V-8 driving the rear wheels paired with one or two electric motors on the front axle.
No price point announced yet because this news was actually somehow leaked from the company, but the buzz is that the new hybrid will only cost around $ 95,000.00.

1900 Corvette.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:
I hate it that everybody is going EV or Hybrid.
The new Corvette Hybrid E-Ray for 2024. The E-Ray will get the 6.2-liter V-8 driving the rear wheels paired with one or two electric motors on the front axle.
No price point announced yet because this news was actually somehow leaked from the company, but the buzz is that the new hybrid will only cost around $ 95,000.00.

1900 Corvette.jpg

I don't like EV's but Hybrids actually make sense because they generate their own electricity. And I can find little fault with anything that has a 378 cubic inch (6.2 liter)  V8 powering it with a couple of electric motors driving the front wheels  to give it an extra boost.

Back in the 60's I remember reading ads in the hot rod magazines for a company called Turbonique that made modified rear axles with compact  gas turbines built for high power output during brief periods. (like drag racing) The turbine itself was fueled by an isopropyl nitrate monopropellant that they sold under the brand name Thermolene. these modified rear axles were never very successful because they were not only expensive but they were not approved for drag racing but I always thought it was an interesting Idea much like nitrous oxide injection that you could add to an existing race engine to boost horsepower decades later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

I don't like EV's but Hybrids actually make sense because they generate their own electricity. And I can find little fault with anything that has a 378 cubic inch (6.2 liter)  V8 powering it with a couple of electric motors driving the front wheels  to give it an extra boost.

Back in the 60's I remember reading ads in the hot rod magazines for a company called Turbonique that made modified rear axles with compact  gas turbines built for high power output during brief periods. (like drag racing) The turbine itself was fueled by an isopropyl nitrate monopropellant that they sold under the brand name Thermolene. these modified rear axles were never very successful because they were not only expensive but they were not approved for drag racing but I always thought it was an interesting Idea much like nitrous oxide injection that you could add to an existing race engine to boost horsepower decades later.

Maybe I should temper my dislike for hybrids after reading your post. To me they were like a stepping stone to a greater "evil." Thanks for your enlightening.

BTW, I was just learning to read in the 60's ...lol.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Maybe I should temper my dislike for hybrids after reading your post. To me they were like a stepping stone to a greater "evil." Thanks for your enlightening.

BTW, I was just learning to read in the 60's ...lol.

I learned to read in the 50's but in the 60's once I turned 13 I switched from Superman comic books to Car Craft, Rod and Custom, Road and Track. Popular Hot Rodding, and Hot Rod magazine. Then in the late sixties, I started reading comic books again but Zap comix instead of Superman and then got interested in Gun magazines

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Borg warner said:

I learned to read in the 50's but in the 60's once I turned 13 I switched from Superman comic books to Car Craft, Rod and Custom, Road and Track. Popular Hot Rodding, and Hot Rod magazine. Then in teh late sixties, I Nstarted reading comic books again but Zap comix instead of Superman and then got interested in Gun magazines

I was born in '60, so I did start reading in the 60's but I wasn't really into cars until the '70's. I was interested in guns from the age of 10 or so. Shot my first deer at 12. But I'm not like a lot of the guys on here. I know about guns from hunting and the military. But I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as the guys on the gun blogs.

• Like 3