Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On 10/25/2022 at 5:49 PM, Schmidt Meister said:

1953 3100 Chevy Pickup

1953 3100 Chevy Pickup - 1.jpg

1953 3100 Chevy Pickup - 2.jpg

1953 3100 Chevy Pickup - 3.jpg

That's not a 53, it's a 54. I had one of those. The 49-53 all had the straight horizontal bar grille but the 54 had the grille that was one horizontal bar and one vertical bar in the center. The truck pictured has a floor shifter. if that's original then it's probably the compound low trans That's what mine had and in 54 they went to the 235 cubic inch six which was a much better engine than the old stovebolt 216 and had more easily replaceable rod and crank bearings rather than babbit bearings. I wish I still had that truck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:33 PM, pipedreams said:

8c61872e7fda4e80.png

That car, that road, that exact moment. 

Even most "car guys" aren't really into the driving part. Most are into showing off and worrying about what other people think of their car. Pure vanity.

The real joy is in the driving. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

That's not a 53, it's a 54. I had one of those. The 49-53 all had the straight horizontal bar grille but the 54 had the grille that was one horizontal bar and one vertical bar in the center. The truck pictured has a floor shifter. if that's original then it's probably the compound low trans That's what mine had and in 54 they went to the 235 cubic inch six which was a much better engine than the old stovebolt 216 and had more easily replaceable rod and crank bearings rather than babbit bearings. I wish I still had that truck.

Thanks for the correction. You don't know how many pictures I looked at trying to decide '53 or '54 and I still got it wrong.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Thanks for the correction. You don't know how many pictures I looked at trying to decide '53 or '54 and I still got it wrong.

It's even harder to tell the difference between earlier years but there were small differences. For example the earlier ones, 49 and 50 didn't have wind wings in front of the side windows and 51 through 54 all had them. 55 through 57 were completely restyled and in my opinion were the best looking of all the Chevy trucks

• Like 3