Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On 7/13/2022 at 9:43 AM, Schmidt Meister said:

1957 Pontiac Safari Star Chief Sport Wagon - Tri-Power 347

1957 Pontiac Safari Star Chief Sport Wagon - Tri-Power 347 - 1.jpg

1957 Pontiac Safari Star Chief Sport Wagon - Tri-Power 347 - 2.jpg

1957 Pontiac Safari Star Chief Sport Wagon - Tri-Power 347 - 3.jpg

1957 Pontiac Safari Star Chief Sport Wagon - Tri-Power 347 - 4.jpg

My brother had a 1956 Pontiac two door stick shift. He swapped one of the ‘57 TRI-Power engines in, and thus got to replace the rest of the drive train piece by piece. When he was done that car could run like a scalded dog.

Had it on an expressway one afternoon. When the needle passed 70 with the engine still winding and me still in first gear, I realized I had learned about all I needed to know. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, railfancwb said:

My brother had a 1956 Pontiac two door stick shift. He swapped one of the ‘57 TRI-Power engines in, and thus got to replace the rest of the drive train piece by piece. When he was done that car could run like a scalded dog.

Had it on an expressway one afternoon. When the needle passed 70 with the engine still winding and me still in first gear, I realized I had learned about all I needed to know. 

There were a few high performance versions of the 347. The highest horsepower version had three two-barrel carburetors, 10.75:1 compression,  and produced 290 hp @ 5000 rpm, 375 ft/lbs @ 2800 rpm. and several dealer-installed camshafts were optional to increase power further to 317 hp which was seen under the hood of the 1957 Daytona Grand National winning car driven by Cotton Owens. in 1958 the bore was increased again to 4 116 in, increasing displacement to 369.4 cu in and in 1959 the stroke was increased to 3 34 in, raising displacement to 389 cu in

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Body - 2002 SLK 32 AMG

(On the site where I found this, all the snobby elite car guys were talking trash, saying that the body is a reproduction and not original .... I'd drive it and smile the whole time.)

1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Body - 2002 SLK 32 AMG - 1.jpg

1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Body - 2002 SLK 32 AMG - 2.jpg

1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Body - 2002 SLK 32 AMG - 3.jpg

I like the car and I especially like the color. It's looks original. But I don't like teh two exhaust pipes coming out the side of the car and I'd rather see closer reproductions of the original Mercedes wheels rather than the cast wire wheels.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I like the car and I especially like the color. It's looks original. But I don't like teh two exhaust pipes coming out the side of the car and I'd rather see closer reproductions of the original Mercedes wheels rather than the cast wire wheels.

Agreed, the car and the color are great. The pipes are off-putting and I've never really liked spoke wheels, there are only a few cars that i think they are right on, but this one isn't one of them.

• Like 1