Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On 7/16/2020 at 6:43 AM, railfancwb said:

Different brands, same idea. 

06BDDCC4-6AFB-4350-8255-E475BE64E213.jpeg

B3622C53-C47F-4168-B9C6-12CC4D3A28F9.jpeg

I like that side gate on the corvair but for practical purposes, the Dodge A100, either with the slant six or the small block 273-318 and torqueflite trans was more reliable. I had a Corvair Van but it had too many miles on it an needed a lot of work. And with the Dodge, you could also beef up the rear suspension to increase load capacity. I also liked the VW Transporter cab-forward truck with the side gates and tailgate that folded down to create a flatbed and for easier unloading.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 5

I owned a Dodge A100 panel van and it was the most fun I've had on four wheels. Oh along with the Chevy Sport Van with windows all around. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

ETA I also painted a keep on truckin' image on the side for good measure.

Image result for keep on trucking image

Edited by deputy tom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I like that side gate on the corvair but for practical purposes, the Dodge A100, either with the slant six or the small block 273-318 and torqueflite trans was more reliable. I had a Corvair Van but it had too many miles on it an needed a lot of work. And with the Dodge, you could also beef up the rear suspension to increase load capacity. I also liked the VW Transporter cab-forward truck with the side gates and tailgate that folded down to create a flatbed and for easier unloading.

That side gate looks like a great concept, but it probably ground away pretty quick in real life.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2020 at 5:01 PM, deputy tom said:

I owned a Dodge A100 panel van and it was the most fun I've had on four wheels. Oh along with the Chevy Sport Van with windows all around. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

ETA I also painted a keep on truckin' image on the side for good measure.

Image result for keep on trucking image

For those who enjoy road trip stories “The Blue Highways” by William Least Heat Moon is one I’ve enjoyed. He traveled second- and third-tier back roads often visiting almost no-name communities. Relevant here because his vehicle was a well seasoned, basic work van.