Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.ef76695f456b3672a11d3bc6f14c40ed.png

During our "rebuilding days" my BIL and I bought a brand new 
XKE that never made it to being delivered.  On the way to the dealer someone flipped a cigarette into the cockpit and completely burned it out.

It was so pristine on the outside that the wire wheels were still coated in Cosmoline or whatever they used during shipment.

Only a couple of miles on it.  Then we did an estimate on the cost of replacing the interior and all trim plus associated sheet metal.

We promptly sold it to another buyer.  Canary Yellow body.  It was a dream.  But as many good things go, good sense made us part with it.

Did the same thing with a new Lotus Elan.  $5K for a rear wheel suspension "A" arms.

That guy arc welded the suspension arms where they had broken off and drove it himself.  I wouldn't have. I particularly remember a Styrofoam front bumper painted silver on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric said:

He was just entering a car show when a minivan ran a light and clobbered him.

952EFA52-B8BD-449F-8601-3201D1FD6E3D.jpeg

In St. Paul, the big Rod and Custom show is big enough that with the fair grounds where it's held right in the path of a metropolitan rush hour, some entrants go home with a broken heart from the collisions when entering the fair grounds or leaving.

Sad to see artwork destroyed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steinbrenner said:

5c1a1bce927774e3ed6b398cc1997170.jpg503364fec8da4d11de66e72f436dcd05.jpgc72e4165ae3dcee2f6e1fe16ca475faf.jpg

Meet the pinnacle of Soviet Union cars...
It is a beautiful car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With '57 Ford Headlight buckets.  Oh that's right Russians don't like salt on their roads. 

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1