Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

19 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

1965 Triumph.

image.png.453e186ec9fcea73cdc71a64ee2efbc6.png

Note that they don't show English cars at night with the headlights on.

That's because -- Lucas electrics.  The headlights won't come on and if they do, the battery kersplodes.

:biggrin:

Also note, if I remember correctly, the ignition switch was at the bottom of the steering column on the TR-6.

Every time you started it, you looked like you were playing with yourself.

Edited by tous
  • Haha 3

If you don't do a lot of highway cruising, you don't need the overdrive of the 700R4, no?

gwalch, the TH350 (Turbo Hydramatic) is a three-speed automatic, one of the best GM ever made.

I think they stopped using the Powerglide transmission around 1969 or 1970.

As much as it was maligned, I had several GM products with a 327 and Powerglide and had no complaints.

Edited by tous
  • Like 2

If you don't do a lot of highway cruising, you don't need the overdrive of the 700R4, no?
gwalch, the TH350 (Turbo Hydramatic) is a three-speed automatic, one of the best GM ever made.
I think they stopped using the Powerglide transmission around 1969 or 1970.
As much as it was maligned, I had several GM products with a 327 and Powerglide and had no complaints.

Isn’t the Powerglide modified with some regularity fur use in dragsters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, tous said:

I believe that you are right, amigo.

I was never a hot rod guy, but consider, how many gears does a dragster need?

One to get started, one more to keep it going.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Neighbor friend down the block long ago, ran a fueler rail on the local track.  He had direct drive in it.  Jimmy blower and a pyramid of pistons stacked in the back of the garage.  He had two rooms in the basement stuffed with trophies.  The sheer numbers of trophies were impressive.

His wife was worried it would kill him, and made him promise not to run it again ( he had set records at the local track, like first 200mph.

Anyway, he tried to talk me into running it one last time, just so he could see it go before parting it out.

I told him I didn't know how to drive anything like that.  Much less know when to stop it.

He said it's easy!  When the tree goes green just keep the accelerator on the floor and pull back the shifter.  Direct drive.  Then just hang on!

I couldn't do it.  I also had a wife and kids!

But I was tempted...……………...

• Like 2