Sad Htrae Night!

gwalchmai

gwalch has caused me to engage in ponderment.

Of all of the alternate reality, alternate Universe concepts in science fiction, television and movies, the Bizarro World has to be one of the most creative.

:599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tous said:

gwalch has caused me to engage in ponderment.

Of all of the alternate reality, alternate Universe concepts in science fiction, television and movies, the Bizarro World has to be one of the most creative.

:599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

I was researching earlier. I never knew or had forgotten that Superman reshaped Htrae into a cube for the Bizzaros so it would be less like Earth. It was originally spherical.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tous said:

If I recall, and we're going back more than 60 years, in addition to a Bizarro Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen, wasn't there a Bizarro Batman and Flash?

Yep. I don't remember the Flash being slow, though. I would have cast Nick Stewart in the role. He'd a tore it up. ;)

Nick Stewart

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view.

I know it's weird but.....  I have had the "desire" lately to carry a pair of the wife's panties in my jacket as a "pocket square".  I'm pretty sure no one could tell..........

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I know it's weird but.....  I have had the "desire" lately to carry a pair of the wife's panties in my jacket as a "pocket square".  I'm pretty sure no one could tell..........

Nah, nothing weird about a geezer strolling down the block sniffing panties....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

Nah, nothing weird about a geezer strolling down the block sniffing panties....

I haven't worn a suit for decades, so that makes it a fantasy.  I wonder though, it the mortuary would dress me that way and no one but my wife knew that pocket square with the little lace belonged to her?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I haven't worn a suit for decades, so that makes it a fantasy.  I wonder though, it the mortuary would dress me that way and no one but my wife knew that pocket square with the little lace belonged to her?

You'll never know.

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2024 at 6:12 PM, tous said:

If I recall, and we're going back more than 60 years, in addition to a Bizarro Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen, wasn't there a Bizarro Batman and Flash?

I bought Superman comics at our local mom & Pop grocery store and I never missed an issue from about 1955 to 1960. That would have been a valuable collection today if I could have been able to take better care of my things but I read the older issues over and over again until they were falling apart. I wasn't really into any other superheros but I also liked Donald Duck comics with Huey, Dewey, and Louie (remember the Beagle Boys?)  and I really liked Classic Comics and had copies of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein and Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book and in the late 50's I liked Archie comics.

Then in 1959-1960 I got interested on cars and started buying car magazines instead of comics. Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hot Rodding, Road & Track, and Rod & Custom, and in the late 60's I started buying comic books again featuring Robert Crumb and S Clay Wilson and others in the form of Zap comix.

cartoonbeagleboys1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had a  "Big Little" book with stories of Sir Edgar Rice Burroughs.  Namely, Tarzan of the Apes and John Carter of Mars.

I saw a recent movie of John Carter of Mars and thought they did a remarkable job of bringing the book to life.

As kids, we all made the rounds of the comic book collections or each of us. As was usual, they got read to death.

• Like 1

Imagine being a parent and telling a ten-year-old, just returned clutching the latest issue of Superman, Spiderman or Batman, Now, Johnny.  Did you wash your hands before you went to the store?  And don't you dare open that comic book.  Your Dad and I will hermetically seal it in plastic just like all of the others.  You'll thank us when that ten cent comic is worth $2 in inflated money thirty years from now.

Oh, and that Kennedy half dollar (younger kids) that Grandpa gave you?  Don't you dare spend it -- or even touch it.  Dad and I will put it away and just think, in 60 years it will be worth -- $6.00!

:biggrin:

• Haha 2

On the other hand.........  Years ago I bought my bride a 20 Peso Gold Piece for 30 dollars with a necklace that preserved the mill marks for the same price.

It's beautiful with the Inca calendar on one face.  It's a work of art.  I was too dumb to buy more.

• Like 1