Back in the gym

Had a decent workout today.  Since I hit a goal last week early I decided to have fun today and went for 315.  I had not done any super heavy stuff lately.  I did it in a bench shirt, the weaker of the 2 I had with me because I figured I could touch with it at 315.  It is nothing approaching a powerlifting legal lift, but it was good enough for a gym lift and to see where I am at. 

• Like 4

I’m dealing with some old injuries. Been doing physical therapy and the doctor just let me go back to lifting. He directed me what to do and not to do as part of the PT.

The little gym rats sure look young!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not into heavy lifting (I contend powerlifting in HS fooked my knees up) but I am sort of a gym rat,  3X a week 50min of cardio and muscle building.   At 55, I like to think I could give some of the young whipper snappers a run for their money.  I try to get the hawties attention when I do some bag work.  One thing for sure, the youngsters lack gym etiquette.

Good for you OP   

• Like 3

Wife and I go three times a week nothing spectacular just trying to keep our motors running.  Late morning mostly older folks doing the same.  Gym rats usually start showing up during their lunch hour, time for us to move on.

• Like 2

I just go the gym when the weather is too wet to go for a hike.  I have reached the point where I’d rather be wandering around in the woods for 90 minutes than reading a book on the elliptical or the treadmill for 30.  Lazy…

• Like 5