More bad parenting.

Batesmotel

39 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

The Sad Beige Mommy movement. No color. No excitement. No loud noise. No music. No activity like bikes, skateboards or sports. Just calming beige.

Doctors are appalled. 

IMG_3932.jpeg

Apparently the goal is to raise children that have no creativity, no initiative, no determination, and no desire to improve present situations.  Great idea for a stagnant society that will exist on canned amusement and lack any capability to improve their lives on their own.

Excellent sure fire way to make adults with suppressed desires and emotions.  I believe the intent is to watch society implode on its own due to no difference between individuals.  They all will be boring, with boring jobs, boring relationships, and boring personalities.

The mental institution will be full.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

They believe that things from The Terrible Twos to Teenage Angst will just disappear. 

Along with all the unique memories of their children growing up and the antics they performed during their maturity. These parents will have no special attachments to their children because of no unique shared experiences, therefore no true family relationships.  A disaster in the making.  Just so mommy can relax and ignore her babies.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Me and my siblings would have have driven those mothers to heavy drug use.:anim_lol:

Lucky we had a dad and mom that also grew up in a full color world, they had lived the hijinks in their time and knew we would live them too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There are days I randomly start laughing. My wife of course wants to know why, so I tell her what childhood memory started me laughing. She then laughs with me and says something like "I'm always amazed at what you did as a child!"

She was not raised in a cloistered way, she's just more mild mannered by nature.

I hang onto the good memories, and have lots of them. 

I grew up, won't ever be innocent and carefree again this side of heaven. Watching kids play reminds me of what it was like.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

Is this a real thing? Dayum, I'm glad I'm old and hope to not be around much longer.

Where do these people think this stuff up?

Yes. Took off last year. Driven by internet mommy blogs trying to outdo each other. 

• Sad 3

Hmm.  It’s not the lack of colors in the equipment that is bothering me.  It’s the mindset behind it.  Are these mothers really trying to keep their kids calm and compliant by artificially de-colorizing their home environment?  How are the kids going to react when taken to the grocery store?  Has Mommy really not considered that she has now over-sensitized little Johnny to the effects of color choices and designs by marketing professionals?  How will Johnny behave when he is finally allowed outside to play?  Will he be so overwhelmed by natural colors that he freezes?  Or melts down?  Or gets so wound up he annoys Mommy for the rest of the day and she banishes him back to the boring beige ball room for weeks?  

and this is all why?  To artificially calm a two year old Mommy doesn’t want to deal with?  Or because Mommy wants her home interior to be matchy-matchy because she herself is incapable of remaining unbothered by childish behaviors and messes.

this does not bode well for Gen Z, or whatever we are calling the next generation of spawn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

The Sad Beige Mommy movement. No color. No excitement. No loud noise. No music. No activity like bikes, skateboards or sports. Just calming beige.

Doctors are appalled. 

IMG_3932.jpeg

Is that beige water or beige turds?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, minervadoe said:

It's probably more like they want the kid to be really calm, and boring so that mommy can take a Xanax and plop down on the couch and stare at the TV.

The nookie is probably beige too.  Just put some whisky over the kids gums.  Amateurs.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Hmm.  It’s not the lack of colors in the equipment that is bothering me.  It’s the mindset behind it.  Are these mothers really trying to keep their kids calm and compliant by artificially de-colorizing their home environment?  How are the kids going to react when taken to the grocery store?  Has Mommy really not considered that she has now over-sensitized little Johnny to the effects of color choices and designs by marketing professionals?  How will Johnny behave when he is finally allowed outside to play?  Will he be so overwhelmed by natural colors that he freezes?  Or melts down?  Or gets so wound up he annoys Mommy for the rest of the day and she banishes him back to the boring beige ball room for weeks?  

and this is all why?  To artificially calm a two year old Mommy doesn’t want to deal with?  Or because Mommy wants her home interior to be matchy-matchy because she herself is incapable of remaining unbothered by childish behaviors and messes.

this does not bode well for Gen Z, or whatever we are calling the next generation of spawn.

It sucks because older Gen Z aren't having kids at a decent rate. The Alphas will be a tiny generation. It'll really hurt in 50 years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

It sucks because older Gen Z aren't having kids at a decent rate. The Alphas will be a tiny generation. It'll really hurt in 50 years. 

They will blame everything on boomers. Like usual. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

I was at the gym yesterday and catch a conversation in both English/Spanish.  One guy is mid 20's and works at the gym and also at a smoke shop he says.  He says he has a a 1 month old infant at home and he doesn't look like gym mgmnt material, he is simply a worker.  I applaud him for doing what is necessary to provide for his kid but I am thinking at 25, my career path was already in motion at a decent job.  I can't imagine working a retail type job trying to support a kid.  Ata soon to be 55, I hopped on my cycle, cursed rush hour traffic and rode home.

• Like 3

People that let life determine their existence irritate me, 'cause they start complaining about their lot in life and take no responsibility for it.

You have to make your own decisions or someone else will make them for you, and you won't like it.

Some middle Eastern countries peoples believe that Karma determines your life.  Then it does.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, El Spicoli said:

He says he has a a 1 month old infant at home and he doesn't look like gym mgmnt material, he is simply a worker.

I first read that as the guy was saying his baby isn’t management material. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

I was at the gym yesterday and catch a conversation in both English/Spanish.  One guy is mid 20's and works at the gym and also at a smoke shop he says.  He says he has a a 1 month old infant at home and he doesn't look like gym mgmnt material, he is simply a worker.  I applaud him for doing what is necessary to provide for his kid but I am thinking at 25, my career path was already in motion at a decent job.  I can't imagine working a retail type job trying to support a kid.  Ata soon to be 55, I hopped on my cycle, cursed rush hour traffic and rode home.

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

People that let life determine their existence irritate me, 'cause they start complaining about their lot in life and take no responsibility for it.

You have to make your own decisions or someone else will make them for you, and you won't like it.

Some middle Eastern countries peoples believe that Karma determines your life.  Then it does.

Kids are really doing what ever these days, and not perusing like we did. By 26 I was PO1 and had a platoon. A lot of responsibility and a lot of people to manage. I had been around the world, done things no one ever told me I would and seen things I wish I could forget.

We have a nephew, 30 years old and never lived on his own. He lived with his grandparents until they were moved to assisted living, then he lived in his car. He's staying at his moms house right now until it is put up for sale, but even living in his car didn't take all the quit out of him. Plenty good enough kid, fairly decent job, just not a lick of motivation. He and our grandson are a few months apart and grandson was much the same till he met a girl. She has made him at least want to get with the program. They aren't the only ones like this that I know of, either.

Amazing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3