Motivation of Nashville murderer?

railfancwb

Read somewhere that the Nashville murderer stated that he expected to die during his rampage. “Suicide by cop” was my first thought. Then I ran across an article which caused me to think that its motivation may be similar to that which causes certain people to strap on a bomb vest and detonate it in a crowd.

The article seems widely available now; this is the version I read 

https://www.revolver.news/2023/04/tranissaries-transgender-movement-striking-parallels-ottoman-empire/

• Like 3

That person was insane. Trying to understand the motivation of an insane person is a divide by zero error. Yes, the similarities to other insane murderers are there, but so is the solution. Rule three-oh-three.

The classic caricature of an insane person is the guy who thinks he's Napoleon. i.e., someone who is delusional. Doesn't matter if he thinks he's the emperor of France or if he thinks he's a girl. Delusions are delusions. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Maybe something will be learned if/when an unredacted complete copy of its manifesto is released. 

I have to agree with you with the caveat that it is unredacted. I just don’t know if you can trust what they release. I’m not sure what they release will be unadulterated.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Read somewhere that the Nashville murderer stated that he expected to die during his rampage. “Suicide by cop” was my first thought. Then I ran across an article which caused me to think that its motivation may be similar to that which causes certain people to strap on a bomb vest and detonate it in a crowd.

The article seems widely available now; this is the version I read 

https://www.revolver.news/2023/04/tranissaries-transgender-movement-striking-parallels-ottoman-empire/

She. Her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I have to agree with you with the caveat that it is unredacted. I just don’t know if you can trust what they release. I’m not sure what they release will be unadulterated.

At this point how can we be sure the whole damn thing isn't just fiction, a piece of nonsense created by some unknown government want a be.  Something to anger the general population and cause division.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 2:51 PM, gwalchmai said:

That person was insane. Trying to understand the motivation of an insane person is a divide by zero error. Yes, the similarities to other insane murderers are there, but so is the solution. Rule three-oh-three.

The classic caricature of an insane person is the guy who thinks he's Napoleon. i.e., someone who is delusional. Doesn't matter if he thinks he's the emperor of France or if he thinks he's a girl. Delusions are delusions. :)

I hear that a lot with these AS murders.  I don't buy it.  There are thousands of mentally ill people that don't commit mass murder.  Those with severe mental illness are incapable of planning such horror.  It's not an abundance of guns in society since guns have always been in society.  It's not bullying because long before I was in school, bullying occurred.  I believe it comes down to 2 things, evil and narcissism.  A lack of parenting has led to grown adults consumed with themselves with no values or integrity.  The Nashville shooter and the Kentuckey shooter were very aware of what they were doing.  They knew right from wrong.  
Now I explained the narcissism aspect but what about the evil aspect??  I am going to lose a lot of readers here but the reality is there is a spiritual war being fought.  When truth is relative, things start to go sideways.  "When we remove God from the house, the house will not remain empty."   That quote comes from Jonathan Cahn, a messianic rabbi.  He explains why this is happening in a book called The Return of the Gods.   It's a theory but I have come to believe it.  Where we see an illogical or crazy person, Cahn would say that total societies are under demonic control.  From a Christian perspective, it makes total sense.  It is a lot more plausible than just saying - "yeah that guy who thinks he is a girl is just mentally ill"  Maybe we used to be able to say that but look at this current society, it's not just a few whack jobs but fully 35-40% of the population.

• Like 5

Whatever happened to the good old days when girls who enjoyed doing boy things were just called butch dykes (or tom boys for you boomers) and that was the end of it?  I personally don't really give a **** whether the manifesto is released or not because it's literally gonna look like an autistic ****'s LiveJournal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

I hear that a lot with these AS murders.  I don't buy it.  There are thousands of mentally ill people that don't commit mass murder.  Those with severe mental illness are incapable of planning such horror.  It's not an abundance of guns in society since guns have always been in society.  It's not bullying because long before I was in school, bullying occurred.  I believe it comes down to 2 things, evil and narcissism.  A lack of parenting has led to grown adults consumed with themselves with no values or integrity.  The Nashville shooter and the Kentuckey shooter were very aware of what they were doing.  They knew right from wrong.  
Now I explained the narcissism aspect but what about the evil aspect??  I am going to lose a lot of readers here but the reality is there is a spiritual war being fought.  When truth is relative, things start to go sideways.  "When we remove God from the house, the house will not remain empty."   That quote comes from Jonathan Cahn, a messianic rabbi.  He explains why this is happening in a book called The Return of the Gods.   It's a theory but I have come to believe it.  Where we see an illogical or crazy person, Cahn would say that total societies are under demonic control.  From a Christian perspective, it makes total sense.  It is a lot more plausible than just saying - "yeah that guy who thinks he is a girl is just mentally ill"  Maybe we used to be able to say that but look at this current society, it's not just a few whack jobs but fully 35-40% of the population.

Thanks, El. That's good stuff. I wouldn't say "just" mentally ill, but the perception we get from media and pols is way out of proportion, as we know.  

I was listening to Bill Whittle the other night and he mentioned that the number of mass shooters in our society is WAY under "Six Sigma". I need to review but that sounds more like a few whack jobs to me. Maybe y'all could address that since I'm sure we have that expertise here. ;)

• Like 3

"The goal of Six Sigma is to achieve a level of quality that is nearly perfect, with only 3.4 defects per million opportunities. This is achieved by using a structured approach called DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) to identify and eliminate causes of variation and improve processes....", https://www.simplilearn.com/what-is-six-sigma-a-complete-overview-article#what_is_six_sigma

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, janice6 said:

"The goal of Six Sigma is to achieve a level of quality that is nearly perfect, with only 3.4 defects per million opportunities. This is achieved by using a structured approach called DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) to identify and eliminate causes of variation and improve processes....", https://www.simplilearn.com/what-is-six-sigma-a-complete-overview-article#what_is_six_sigma

Thanks! 3.4 * 330 is 1,122. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Maser said:

Whatever happened to the good old days when girls who enjoyed doing boy things were just called butch dykes (or tom boys for you boomers) and that was the end of it?

As a boomer I feel obligated to say this.  In my day a dyke was a butch (or bull) lesbian.  A tom boy was not necessarily a lesbian.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2