Windows 95

Eric

30 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

I tried that but I was such a good shot that all of my bullets apparently went through the hole in the middle.

Remember a scene in a western movie… the sharpshooter claimed to be putting bullets through the holes in washers. A skeptic was making fun of the shooter and put a postage stamp over the hole in a washer, daring the shooter to use that washer. He did and he did 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Remember a scene in a western movie… the sharpshooter claimed to be putting bullets through the holes in washers. A skeptic was making fun of the shooter and put a postage stamp over the hole in a washer, daring the shooter to use that washer. He did and he did 

Winchester 73  

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

That happened in Support Your Local Sheriff as well, when James Garner was in the mayor’s hardware store, applying for the job of sheriff. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

I tried that but I was such a good shot that all of my bullets apparently went through the hole in the middle.

That was the point when I would use old discs.  Use a rimfire and try to shoot through the hole without breaking the disc.  Low velocity ammo was the best choice due to it's consistency.  High and hyper velocity ammo did work, but it didn't cooperate like low velocity did.  Notice how I will only blame the ammo and not my shooting skills?  ;)

• Haha 1

• Administrators
On 7/2/2022 at 10:17 PM, LostinTexas said:

Never heard of Edie Brickell. I would have remembered her. I like the old time funky bluesy sound. Now I want more.

Edie Brickell found a different gear. I think I liked her sound better before, but this is nice as well.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Eric said:

Edie Brickell found a different gear. I think I liked her sound better before, but this is nice as well.

Same smokey bluesy voice, but in Country. She could do a lot worse than Steve Martin playing lead banjo. Never been too much of a country fan though.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Sounds "swing" and that makes it better.

The singer sounds like a hybrid of Lucille Ball and Fran Drescher, but it is a catchy song.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:30 PM, Eric said:

The first BluRay player I bought came with a copy of the movie Avatar. The movie wouldn't play in the player, because of a conflict with video codec versions or something. I ended up returing that player. It was early enough in the development of the BluRay format that a lot of movies wouldn't play in many players, without a time consuming, sometimes difficult player upgrade. It was a PITA.

I'm still so gun shy of the players being so picky as to what they would play, that I bought my wife a DVD Player for her B'day and I damn near had ulcers waiting to see what discs she had that it "wouldn't" play.  Fortunately, it was only a few.

Seems like in the past, each time she bought some new discs I had to buy a new player to play them...........................

• Like 1