Really like the "New Look" Eric

Swampfox762

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

Weird.  Still can't post a MP3 though.  I use to be able to find a cool one, save it as a MP3 and post it.  Can't do that anymore.

I have that ability turned off right now. That was one of the functions that might have caused problems with the first upgrade attempt. I’ll check it out later and turn it back on, if it doesn’t screw things up. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

Well you wanna tell us about it? I'm on medical leave, so I might as well listen to someone bitch and moan (no offense)

Not much to tell. Any commercial software like the suite this site runs on is on a developmental cycle that I don't control. The software evolves and if you don't stay on top of the updates, they stack up. Some of those updates are security patches that need to be addressed. The longer you let the updates stack up, the greater the chance that one of those security issues will bite you in the ass. Also, you run a greater and greater chance of the updates themselves failing and breaking things, as the number of versions they span increase.

I put off a fairly major upgrade several months ago, because I new it was going to be a PITA to deal with. It broke the site's theme and caused other problems. It also militated upgrades to several of the underlying software systems that the server runs on. Anyway, I bit the bullet and finally got everything caught up. It was the PITA I knew it was going to be and I'm not done pissing on the brushfires quite yet. It's all part of the glamorous life of a webmaster. The job doesn't attract many girls, but at least the pay sucks. :biggrin:

• Administrators

What do you all think of the tan colors, instead of the green accent colors I was using initially? I like greens, but the tans blend with the site's look better, I think.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eric said:

I have that ability turned off right now. That was one of the functions that might have caused problems with the first upgrade attempt. I’ll check it out later and turn it back on, if it doesn’t screw things up. 

Cool. Not a big deal...But it is to you...regarding "space".  I dig it...

1 hour ago, Eric said:

What do you all think of the tan colors, instead of the green accent colors I was using initially? I like greens, but the tans blend with the site's look better, I think.

Meh. I like the green a swell. Glad you ditched the puke blue. It is a forum and a pretty nice one, so we'll roll with where ever you land.

9 hours ago, Eric said:

It kinda hides gold member's user names on my phone.

I dont fool with my phone as a primary viewing source. On this morning while waiting for dr appt for FIL. 

Phone wants to force tap talk or chrome. I have neither. Finally remembered to put it in desktop version. 

A real PITA. We'll see if it reoccurs.

Edit: yes it is persistent.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

I dont fool with my phone as a primary viewing source. On this morning while waiting for dr appt for FIL. 

Phone wants to force tap talk or chrome. I have neither. Finally remembered to put it in desktop version. 

A real PITA. We'll see if it reoccurs.

Edit: yes it is persistent.

I’m not sure what you are talking about. What problem are you referring to?

7 hours ago, Eric said:

I’m not sure what you are talking about. What problem are you referring to?

Just like I said. The site demands I load Tap Talk, or if I tell it no, will pop up a Chrome download alternative.

Go to settings and tell it to go to a "Desktop SIte", and all is good. 

Probably nothing to do with your doing, but it is provoking the app downloads. More data gathering for who ever.

Well, I was going to send you a screenshot, but keep getting an upload error on everything.

Hey! It loaded.

Screenshot_20210713-151914_DuckDuckGo.jpg